Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Default SSNL in Thailand

so me and my mate are gonna live in thailand for 4 months or more starting in January.

we are both poker players, me playing 1-2 and him playing 3-6, and the plan is to just grind and party, and hopefully come back to england rich and happy (ier).

i have seen dotted around various threads that there are other people who are thinking of doing the same thing, i heard that fletch is coming to thailand in jan as well, but for a whole year, and i'm sure there are others who are thinking about it.

so i thought i'd make this post for us to plan the trip a bit, help each other out, meet up when we get out there etc.

the thread below is a must read for those thinking about living in thailand

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...art=92&vc=1

the main issues seem to be:

the net is a bit slow unless you buy some special cable ($500), this is the only real living expense that i can think of

there are nicer places than bangkok, we are probably gonna live up north

avoid getting ripped off by the locals

ladyboys!!

let the fun begin
Old 11-19-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: SSNL in Thailand

lol wierd, I'm planning to go for almost the exact same timeframe and am just about to book my tickets. I'm planning to go mid Jan and come back some time in April I guess. By myself for most of it, but I have a friend coming out for a month in Feb and another friend for a couple of weeks at some point. I'm probably going to travel round a whole bunch of different places, but would definitely want to meet up/party/go whoring (sans ladyboys) at some point. You planning on living in Chaing Mai (sp??)?

Edit : If at any point someone wants a roommate for a month or something then give me a shout.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM

Just curious, how much do you guys plan on spending between airfare, living accomodations, food, partying, etc during thses 4 months?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 PM

Oh another point. I am really dumb. If I book a ticket to go back on say the 21st April, am I able to change the date if I want to go home earlier/later? I want a decent amount of flexibility in my return date.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Will - My airfare is $1000ish (from the UK), and I've been told its pretty hard to spend more than $2-3k/m while there even travelling around, food, accomodation, partying etc.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:56 PM

If I wasn't already going to Denver, I'd be excited for this. I need something around April, when ski season ends- what are your plans for after that?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 PM

not sure if SSNL will find a house that I like but if you guys find something nice PM me -

[b]
Old 11-19-2007, 01:02 PM

Myself and another 2p2er are planning on going from about Late Jan-Dec but maybe longer depending on how things go.

Haven't really got to far as booking places/tickets and such. We are planning on going to koh samui and are looking to sort out a house when we get there as apparently they are alot cheaper if you sort it out there rather than the expensive ones offered by foreign holiday companies on the net.

Would be class to meet up with people other 2p2ers over there too.

Any reason you guys are planning on going up to the north? I've heard it's alot cheaper there than the south but less beaches.

Great thread idea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM

I might hook up for a few weeks in april if you're still there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 PM

I will probably be going to see a girlfriend there for a couple of months next year