Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

[ QUOTE ]
did anyone else notice after the big hand barry g says, "count down your money jamie." his tone of voice and delivery is A+.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah, this was funny

limon, if you're still reading this thread, do you make those calls that pa made if you're in position? just pretend you are in co and jamie is in sb or whatever. i have to assume his thoughts were "im patrik [censored] antonius, we're probably only going to get to play like 100 hands today tops, and the biggest clown at the table, who i may never again get to play against for 500k/500BBs deep, just 3bet me. i am not folding." so preflop seems excusable. flop def seems thin though. which is the euphemism i use for bad when im talking about a player who is better than me.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone pointed this out earlier, but what was Doyle getting po'd about at the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it had something to do with Jamie Gold being on his right, Guy being on HIS right, and the two of them just running over the table in typical card rack fashion.

He was also already tilting a bit from finding out he had Gold beat in that flush hand. Barry mentioned it sort of tilted him.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:30 PM

sweet. five pages of endless discussing PA's flop call, Jamie's bet sizing and then his turn raise.

we get it, he called the flop with implied odds in the hopes he hit a K and jamie had a lesser monster. the turn raise is whatever.

like prop bets, they need to do away with running it more than once. it makes for bad tv as you don't see a massive pot getting sent over to someone, plus it makes the players look like scared money. if they're going to advertise the biggest cash game in history, don't allow it do be diluted with things like insurance and running it more than once.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone pointed this out earlier, but what was Doyle getting po'd about at the end? People playing slow? All I could really make out was something about 'being on TV', but couldn't rewind because I hit the wrong DVR button.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's past his bed time and he wanted to hurry up and get Jamie's and Guy's money.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think anyone who says that PAs flop play is for sure optimal should pretty much never be allowed to argue a/b poker again.

[/ QUOTE ]

PA's flop call is probably slightly -EV (maybe slightly +EV); limon is the goof who got that all started.

I haven't seen anyone point out the big mistake in that hand - PA's preflop call was pretty bad with AJo out of position. Jamie was giving off big hand signs like crazy and AJo is a terrible implied odds hand against a good hand.

PA's big turn bet is pretty interesting too, not sure if I love it or it's just meh.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:40 PM

I thought it was funny when PA adn DB trie to convince Gold to play PLO.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:53 PM

One of the better moments is when Farha bet in the dark with A8 against Gold's K10 preflop. Gold missed and farha said "I'm just gambling". Gold says "I totally missed. If I had a pair of 2's I'd call you."

Farha "Believe I know buddy".

Farha basically implying Gold is huge fish.

Gold is probably the most annoying luckbox in the history of poker up to this point in time. He is absolutely horrendous. The fact he has not busted out on all these shows repeatedly shows just how much luck is in poker over the short run. I'm sure gold has incurred some big loses in cash games outside of TV though. I just can't see this guy lasting much longer at high stakes given he is so massively -EV.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think anyone who says that PAs flop play is for sure optimal should pretty much never be allowed to argue a/b poker again.

[/ QUOTE ]

PA's flop call is probably slightly -EV (maybe slightly +EV); limon is the goof who got that all started.

I haven't seen anyone point out the big mistake in that hand - PA's preflop call was pretty bad with AJo out of position. Jamie was giving off big hand signs like crazy and AJo is a terrible implied odds hand against a good hand.

PA's big turn bet is pretty interesting too, not sure if I love it or it's just meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG! PA knew gold had AA-QQ or AK. He is only a 3:1 dog against that range. If u forgot, in NLHE, the pot NEARLY TRIPPLES each betting round. U can play ATC preflop if u know what ur opponent has (esp when u hold cards that can make the nutz).

LAWLS if you don't know about betting with the nutz when u are sure the board has hit Gold's range HARD?
Do you even play poker?

Only mistake PA made was not offering JG 25% of the pot. Running it twice is silly.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:11 PM

No question Gold has a raging inferiority complex. Everything he does just seems to overcompensate for whatever it is he hates about himself.

IS IT GREASY DANIEL?!!! DANIEL!!!!! IS IT GREASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:15 PM

i like PA's play in position, but not so much OOP.

i think the reason he did it is because he has picked up that gold doesn't valuebet very much so he can peel alot because gold won't make it very expensive. like in another hand he called the turn against gold with overs because he knew gold wouldn't valuebet the river.

obviously it doesn't matter how many times they run it, the EV remains the same