Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 08-03-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

As the new editor of the Magazine, I'm asking for opinions on how to improve it going forward.

One change I hope to see is the inclusion of more non-hold 'em articles, especially Badugi and Triple Draw 2-7. Other games such as A-5 lowball, Crazy Pineapple, and High Draw are also very welcome. In many of these games, there is very little written material (as I'm sure you know), so there is lots of opportunity for new strategic articles.

So, I'd like to encourage all the Other Poker forum posters who have an article idea to make a submission to the Magazine. Feel free to contact me (via PM or e-mail) before doing any writing if you want to discuss the article in advance.

All authors who get published recieve $200 per article.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

I think my biggest dissapointment in my first month as editor of the Internet Magazine was that I didn't receive a single TD 2-7 or badugi article submission. With these two games in particular, there is very little theoretical ground covered in print.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my biggest dissapointment in my first month as editor of the Internet Magazine was that I didn't receive a single TD 2-7 or badugi article submission. With these two games in particular, there is very little theoretical ground covered in print.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us like it that way. I've tried to come up with something worthwhile that wouldn't compromise my advantages, but it's not easy.

ETA: just saw your post in HU. Thinking about it for 2-7.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:06 PM

I have an article in the works; I'm waiting for feedback from a couple more people before my final edit and submission.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:01 PM

I'm actually working on a PL 5CD tournament article. I'm in contact with someone who is working on something similar so I may just wait until he publishes his and mention him as the guide and inspiration. That should be ready in a month, I need to play more tournaments. I can feel that 200 dollars...

I would get someone to publish on the tightness of draw games these days I see many players limping with aces or even 2pair. They're certainly not getting the best of it, bu 5 handed my kings aren't always good for a raise anymore.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an article in the works; I'm waiting for feedback from a couple more people before my final edit and submission.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark's article was published in the October issue which went up earlier today. I thought it was one of the top articles of the issue.

I'd still like to see more submissions. I haven't received anyting for a high draw or pineapple game.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:57 PM

I can write something on high draw right now (probably about the increasing difficulty of the game, one player I know described high limit draw online as a way to loose rake money), but I'm still building a very long and complicated article on 5cd PL tournaments. One part of it will talk about how having a high ROI doesn't mean much in these small tournaments, I've only made a big win once and I'm still way ahead. I'm compiling a lot of information from different players and I'll send it to you, certainly. If you want something else on online draw, though, first, let me know.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd still like to see more submissions. I haven't received anyting for a high draw or pineapple game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've received a couple promising submissions for both high draw and crazy pineapple and it's possible both could be in the January issue.

I have not yet received a badugi submission and it's something I like to see change. Badugi, in particular, is a ripe game for many interesting articles since it's fairly new to most players.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:32 PM

Arrgh! I will get my article eventually, though as a US citizen I've been kicked out of all draw sites but stars... Saddness.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:20 AM

Right now, I haven't got any "other poker" articles in my candidates file. I've had conversations with a couple posters about 2-7 TD and high draw articles. But, I don't expect anything until at least the April issue and probably later than that.

Stud and O/8 have become regular parts of the Magazine. It be good to see regular other poker articles too.