Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

The fact that anyone believed bubaloo's fake hand history, and the fact that there was actually serious discussion on whether or not it should be deleted b/c it's a spoiler, clearly proves that 90% of the people who post in this thread are at least mildly mentally handicapped, and therefore all criticisms of Jman or Doyle or anyone else in the Televised Poker forum should be ignored.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i cant wait to see PA's face after he calls and sees that gold put in a semi-cool half million w/ an underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

For any of you who think that bubaloo's posts about next week are in any way accurate, you have been sucked in on his little prank. Personally, I'd like to see his posts on this thread along with the doctored photos deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololo
Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 AM

Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread, got to the middle of the second page, but I just wanted to comment on the doyle vs gold hand. Some guy said 'if you're going to stack off with the 3rd nuts 400BB deep, you're probably a losing player', and I seriously LOL in your weak-tight face if you're so nitty that people always have a better hand when you get action that deep. In live games people regularly stack off with 1000BBs with one pair. I've won a 1200BB pot in live PLO for god's sake with one pair at showdown, all-in on the turn.

Secondly, regarding the specifics of the hand. It's pretty easy to discount any flush draw that includes the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in jamies' hand, given there's no way on earth he check-calls with a pair and a flush draw on the flop in late position. Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T x constitutes some small range of jamies hands as well - why should jamie put doyle on a flush draw if he's bet the flop? It would be a c/r for value against two pair/set etc and semibluffing should doyle have a flush. So Doyle should really be thinking that Jamie can only have one hand that beats his, the nuts, and against a spewtard like Gold (anyone who gives him one iota of poker competence, given what we've all seen, must be a losing player IMO), just shouldn't fold. The idea that he could fold any flush is absolutely laughable. Whether the best play on the turn is all-in or just call, I don't know, but I do know that I died a little inside when I saw brunson fold.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ZOMG!!!! the next episode is soooo goood!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

that would be so awesome ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 06:43 AM

How does antonio guess so well what other people have?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

People keep saying how Gold bluffs a lot, blah blah, but don't forget he's not a complete retard. He knows how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait what? he doesn't know how to play poker at all. He bluffs, but never valuebets medium hands. That is soooooo bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note I am not saying doyle made a bad fold. I have a ton of respect for Dolly's game.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a magician
Old 11-07-2007, 07:03 AM

Regarding Antonio's top set:
[ QUOTE ]
there simply wasnt many hands that he could beat that would value bet

[/ QUOTE ]emm wtf?

I think raising flop is standard but calling 3 barrels isn't bad this deep. That said, river slowrolling was totally completely unnecessary.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how much money or what strings Doyle and Barry pulled to have position on both Guy and Jamie at this table.

[/ QUOTE ]Very good point; who decides the seating arrangements?

Regarding Doyle's fold it's very close; JokersAttack and wazz make good points.

BTW I don't think reverse implied odds really apply here; Doyle is in position. But I'm not strong enough in Game Theory to figure it all out if Jamie bluffs an optimal proportion on the river. That said if he doesn't bluff (as some of you claimed that we get stacked against higher flushes and win a small pot against bluffs) enough then it's a call turn, fold river - and that is not a RIO situation. Likewise (as is more accurate) his river range is more shifted to bluffs (as he doesn't VB enough) it's a call turn call river situation aagain not a RIO situation.

Is Laliberte noataima? Boy was the deck hitting him hard this episode.

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle gets steamed up and costs me money with a play he wouldn't ordinarily make

[/ QUOTE ]Barry, can you elaborate please?

[ QUOTE ]
The shirt wasn't mine. They wouldn't let me wear the sweater I brought because it had an embroidered PokerStars logo. I had to get another shirt or wear black tape like Patrik did. The shirt I wore was the only one they had in the gift shop.

[/ QUOTE ]That's a good one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I thought it was a political statement for legalizing marijuana.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It might not necessarily be an accurate representation, they might be playing stuff from his mic when he guesses right, but not including the 20 times he's completely off.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread, got to the middle of the second page, but I just wanted to comment on the doyle vs gold hand. Some guy said 'if you're going to stack off with the 3rd nuts 400BB deep, you're probably a losing player', and I seriously LOL in your weak-tight face if you're so nitty that people always have a better hand when you get action that deep. In live games people regularly stack off with 1000BBs with one pair. I've won a 1200BB pot in live PLO for god's sake with one pair at showdown, all-in on the turn.

Secondly, regarding the specifics of the hand. It's pretty easy to discount any flush draw that includes the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in jamies' hand, given there's no way on earth he check-calls with a pair and a flush draw on the flop in late position. Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T x constitutes some small range of jamies hands as well - why should jamie put doyle on a flush draw if he's bet the flop? It would be a c/r for value against two pair/set etc and semibluffing should doyle have a flush. So Doyle should really be thinking that Jamie can only have one hand that beats his, the nuts, and against a spewtard like Gold (anyone who gives him one iota of poker competence, given what we've all seen, must be a losing player IMO), just shouldn't fold. The idea that he could fold any flush is absolutely laughable. Whether the best play on the turn is all-in or just call, I don't know, but I do know that I died a little inside when I saw brunson fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING