Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 10-30-2007, 03:25 PM

Default DIDS JUST BAN ERICW

link

we don't need a committee to the committee to the policy recommendation coordinator to the committee on banning ericw

just ban the mfker

we've had like three threads like this and he's a huge troll.

If you just ban him and sweep it under the table people will forget about him in a week. In the grand scheme of things, he is a very forgettable poster.

If you keep bringing up should we or should we not ban him, the anarchists/people who hate authority are just going to stick up for him for the sake of sticking up for him and he gets the attention-whoring he wants.

Lock all ericw threads, delete all of his posts and ban him. I can think of at least 5 of his threads today that deserve banning for. He is trolling you hard and has the upper hand right now in bbv4l opinion. Don't make the same mistakes I made with yves. Ban him before it's too late.

my 2 cents,
gw
Old 10-30-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: DIDS JUST BAN ERICW

[ QUOTE ]
link

we don't need a committee to the committee to the policy recommendation coordinator to the committee on banning ericw

just ban the mfker

we've had like three threads like this and he's a huge troll.

If you just ban him and sweep it under the table people will forget about him in a week. In the grand scheme of things, he is a very forgettable poster.

If you keep bringing up should we or should we not ban him, the anarchists/people who hate authority are just going to stick up for him for the sake of sticking up for him and he gets the attention-whoring he wants.

Lock all ericw threads, delete all of his posts and ban him. I can think of at least 5 of his threads today that deserve banning for. He is trolling you hard and has the upper hand right now in bbv4l opinion. Don't make the same mistakes I made with yves. Ban him before it's too late.

my 2 cents,
gw

[/ QUOTE ]

qfmft
Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 PM

i basically posted what i thought in that thread, he's consistently awful, he's a troll who adds nothing to the site, and he's also one of those guys who will come back. just ban him already.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:45 PM

Banning him just martyrs him in the eyes of the tards. I honestly made the thread because I wanted input from all the posters.

Eric's a pest, but he's far from the biggest problem in BBV4L so I don't see his banning as urgent. I just read a lot of posts form folks wanting him banned, and got a couple PMs as well. I'm interested to see how this plays out.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Banning him just martyrs him in the eyes of the tards.

[/ QUOTE ]

no

making 1234123412 threads about ericw (his containment thread, the 'hey maybe we should ban ericw oops maybe not let's just wait and see thread', the 'hey guys I really think we should consider banning ericw if it's not too much trouble to you guys' thread) turns him into a martyr.

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

I am also interested in seeing how this plays out. Because it is almost worth doing an out-of-forum ban and being demodded to see him stop posting as ericw in bbv4l.

Sometimes you just have to make the right decision regardless of the masses. That's why you are the mod and they are the masses.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:51 PM

gild is right, you don't have to tell them anything. ban him, ignore or delete all posts about him, PM people who keep bringing it up. imo.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the grand scheme of things, he is a very forgettable poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said. This actually is the reason I say 'no ban', but at the same time would get behind a 'ban away!'. His forgettableness makes me kind of apathetic.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:56 PM

Even simpler, 3 questions for fail-safe modding:

1) is he a troll?

y/n

2) does he add some value to the forum?

y/n

3) Should you ban? If answer to 1 is yes and 2 is no, ban
Old 10-30-2007, 03:58 PM

dids iv mentioned in many of his threads that he trolls you and those are grounds for banning, so this BBVers opinion should be clear.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:10 PM

dids,

if you don't want to do it, but do want to discuss it:

i think, and have thought for a long time, that eric needs to go. i'd be fine being the lead guy on "trash the eric acct and lock all threads pertaining to him."

if people needed definition of troll spelled out for them, they can take a look at eric w's posting history.

edit: the only reason i'm not going to follow through on this great gildwulf plan is that last time i did something like that dids like, sighed and undid it.