Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 10-02-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Video post for SS NL 5CD

Hi guys,

I made my first NL .25/.50 5CD video and am working on another one right now.

Feel free to throw up your own videos if you want to.

Video 1 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/rre3hd

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Video post for SS NL 5CD

Are you playing with a 62 Card Deck with 14 Aces? Man you got some good cards that session, you played almost a third of your hands and cought pretty well on the draw, too.

I think our Hand Ranges are pretty similar, you seem to steal raise a wider range from the Button or the Small Blind against Limpers than I do, but I tend to complete some more Hands from the Small Blind. I think you passed an OESD against two limpers at some point. I think what I learned from the video is that people are inclined to pay off larger bets than I had initially observed, so I'll just try to get more value out of my value bets in the future.

I personally feel that a check raise with the full house would have been a slightly better option. Drawing 2 after an UTG Raise I give him credit for at least a pair of Aces (which he is trying to disguise) or trips. You flat called and drew 1, which many players at that level tend to interprete as a Draw, mainly because they tend to play them the same, and your hesitation made it look like a missed draw even more. I think there's a fair chance he is value betting a wider range of hands there (Some people tend to bet after being checked to by an obvious draw, despite that being a -eV move as they will only get called if the other guy hit his draw) than he usually would, and we already gave him credit for a decent range. I think the difference isn't really that big, so there's nothing wrong with leading out.

You managed to openfold a pair of Aces before the draw on the top table about halfway in during the Aces up Jacks Multiway pot on the bottom table :P
Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You managed to openfold a pair of Aces before the draw on the top table about halfway in during the Aces up Jacks Multiway pot on the bottom table :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM

Hey, thanks for this. I learned a lot about NL. Do you only 2-table though?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:55 PM

I only 2-tabled for that video. I actually was 4-tabling earlier and made a fun video. I don't know how many people are checking these out, but I'll see if I can't get it up later today.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Nice video. You seem like a solid player with a good strategy. Just don't show this to the regular donkeys. I don't want the limpers to start raising or folding before the draw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice video. You seem like a solid player with a good strategy. Just don't show this to the regular donkeys. I don't want the limpers to start raising or folding before the draw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

TY [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If there's interest in more videos, I'd be happy to put them up. After recording another one, I felt like it was just more of the same from the first video and I wasn't sure how many people were actually checking em out.