Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: We Don\'t Need No Stinkin\' Content: September LC Thread

So. Worst session over.

I one outered a guy for set over set, made quads twice in 20-40 and lost more bets than I ever have.(live)

20:
-$150(omg!)

10:
-$2,500

ship it

I'm not gonna talk about how many times someone 3bet or 4bet the flop obviously behind and incidentally drawing to two outs. Or the MYRIAD of 3 outers in 3b pots or anything like that.

I just wanna post this hand.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

People limp cuz that's what they do. I raise cuz I'm only stuck like $2,000 and obv running hot.

So flop comes
8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5:club not bad really. I mean, I knowe I'm going to lose like 9 bets this hand but when Pinnacle opens I hear they're going to accept Sklansky bucks so I'm not *too* mad.

So I bet, UTG calls, some guy raises I ninja 3 in there. UTG is like "Is it capped? Well, whatever, let's just cap it then." This seems more legitimate like "whatever cap" than "I flopped top set" cap. I'm not 100% though.

So turn's Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I think about betting and decide to check. UTG checks, guy bets, we both call. ..........K?

River's a 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check. UTG checks. The guy says "I'm just gonna check I missed my flush but I have a Queen." and tabled K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] AHHHHH SO SICK

UTG's like "Wow I got lucky" and tables T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[censored] KILL ME

Oh yeah. I got 3 baddddddd slowrolls in like 4 orbits. I was only stuck like $1200 then so it didn't feel that bad.

Oh it's fun watching slightly more passive TAGs steamroll the game for like 52BB/hour sitting right next to you.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:14 PM

SS-This is the first I have heard of you running like this. You usually kill your games so even though this a big $ amount, you'll be fine I'm sure.

Just remember, those cats that win 5 racks by just getting lucky on us are always going to be coming back to us and it is our civic duty to seperate them from their burden. Had one on my table yesterday who played every hand. Example: One hand he had 35o in the HJ, flopped a boat and dragged a hugeeey. When I left he was up 5+ racks in 2 hours. He was one of the worst players I have ever seen but he will be back for sure. In fact he probably was already playing early this Am. These dudes have to win once in a while, it is good for our games.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:12 AM

Not really good for my rent payment though.

Oh well. The last four weeks have all been meh actually. Lost 8, won 5, won 6, lost 27

=\
Old 09-22-2007, 02:27 PM

yay, the win streak is alive. +25 BB last night at 10/20 during a midnight session.

as always, a fun hand for your amusement.

This occurred a few minutes after I was explaining to my neighbor about how sucking out was a necessary requirement for winning in this game (I like to give meaningless advice at the table that sounds good).

5 limpers, I raise Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB, BB calls, limpers call.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, BB raises, UTG 3 bets, everyone else folds, I call the 2, BB calls 2.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I check, BB checks, UTG bets, I call, BB calls.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I think about a CR and then say screw it and lead, BB looks pissed and folds, UTG calls quickly. I table my hand and UTG looks like he wants to eat his cards. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 PM

RUNNER RUNNER FLUSH
UNREAL
DEALER WASH THOSE CARDS I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE IM STUCK ALMOST 400 NOW
Old 09-25-2007, 01:52 PM

does anyone know of a site(that U.S. Americans can play)that has uncapped betting HU?

prior to the legislation i remember a couple small ones, but don't know about them anymore. probably not, but thought i would ask.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:17 PM

I was enjoying the "stars regulars" and "FTP regulars" threads over in the shorthanded forums and I am curious if this type of thread exists here in Small Stakes? I searched and found nothing--but my skill with the search feature is pathetic.

--Rico
Old 09-26-2007, 08:05 PM

lol, I played live NL with 8 friends today, so full ring... First impression: god it's so slow, DEAL! Second, you CAN NOT lose in this game. I suppose all live games are like that? ... sad.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:50 PM

10/20 lolz!

So I had my biggest win in my career yesterday for a single session, dollar-wise. it was massive and i just got ridiculously lucky over and over. a clueless donkey could have won with my cards.

This hand was just stupid:

One limper, a really bad/drunk/loose player limps, a loose but sensible postflop player limps, i raise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO because I want to, the tilting button cold calls 2, BB calls, limpers call. 6 to the flop.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so obv i have the nuts

BB and 1 limper check, drunk guy bets out, semi-solid calls, i call with a gutshot-BDFD, tilting button calls, others fold.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Drunk dude bets, 1 folder, I call, tilter calls.

River is a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (obv). Drunk bets, i raise, tilter calls, drunk 3's, I 4, tilter looks sick and calls, drunk calls.

Hands:

Drunk had T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for a flopped straight.

Titler had Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the 2nd nuts.

I run good.
Closed Thread