Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Best Counting Systems & Index numbers

I was wondering what the best counting system for a good double deck game would be? Up until now I've been playing shoes 4 & 6 decks simply using hi-lo and the index numbers for these are fairly well known. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of what they would be for some 2 and 3 level systems. For double deck I'm assuming DAS, S17, Resplit Aces.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent
Default Re: Best Counting Systems & Index numbers

Hi-lo is fine. Using it proficiently will be better than making an occasional mistake with a more complicated system. And if you're proficient with it, you'll be able to count and carry on conversations at the table, thus adding some cover value.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:24 PM

Ok what about given no mistakes? This is the standard answer everyone gives why not just answer the question?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

[ QUOTE ]
Ok what about given no mistakes? This is the standard answer everyone gives why not just answer the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go, Mr. Perfect:
1) Learn a more complicated count system and memorize about 100 new index numbers. After all, the added power from a 2- or 3- level system comes from playing efficiency, even though betting correlation (which hi-lo does quite well) is far more important.

2) Since you're perfect, you won't have any trouble side-counting aces which is essential for all multi-level systems. But since you're perfect, if you're playing a single-deck game, you'll definitely want to side-count 7's as well and maybe even 6's.

3) Also, since you're perfect, you'll be able to play sessions of the same length without fatigue despite the more complicated mental gymnastics.

4) And, of course, since you're perfect, you'll have no trouble confusing the two different sets of index numbers (not to mention the card tags), when you return to hi-lo for playing shoes. Oops, you won't have to use hi-lo for shoes because you're perfect and will have no difficulty side-counting 24 to 32 aces so you can continue to use your multi-level count.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys I knew on the MIT team trained every day for hours for 6 months and they would still make the occasional one [but only 1] mistake per session.

I doubt you are as smart as them, as fast, as good with numbers [my buddy was a Math PhD], and practice 6-8+ hours a day for months on end.

If you are, you probably wouldn't be here asking questions. So relax, Francis.