Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Default David Levi

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this.
I've played about 6 or 7 tourneys w/ him and I was interested to see what others thought who have played with him. His tournament results speak for themselves and there is no question he is a great all around tournament player.
The thing that struck me odd was his style of play at least during the times I was playing w/ him. He seems to call a lot of raises pre-flop whether in or oop, but then is fairly passive. i.e. check folds most flops. Same goes if he raises and someone in position calls. Three times I've seen him play in this fashion until he dwindles down to 10BB or less. Then our table will break up and I'll see him 3 levels later w/ a monster stack and he usually goes on to cash or FT. I wish I could sweat his cards for 1 tourney. His style is so different from most people I've played w/, but he is very successful so it just peaked my curiosity. Very nice guy by the way.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: David Levi

I don't think his results speak for himself at all. looks like he plays a hell of a lot of tournaments, and might be really good, but that's certainly not necessary. TJ cloutier's record probably looks pretty similar.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think his results speak for himself at all. looks like he plays a hell of a lot of tournaments, and might be really good, but that's certainly not necessary. TJ cloutier's record probably looks pretty similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your comparison? Im pretty sure TJ is a big winner on the poker table (and a big loser on the craps table)
Old 05-24-2007, 05:00 PM

yeah I don't get it either. Over 2 million in tournament wins is what average?
Old 05-24-2007, 05:02 PM

IM BOND. JAMES BOND
Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM

have you read his book? (actually, I haven't, but from what I've heard/read online it is really terrible, and no he's not good at poker, although he probably has lost more at craps than poker, yes)
Old 05-24-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you read his book? (actually, I haven't, but from what I've heard/read online it is really terrible, and no he's not good at poker, although he probably has lost more at craps than poker, yes)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes won almost 7 million dollars in Donkaments? You mean to tell me hes not up? Thats a hell of a lot of tourneys.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:43 PM

Which book? I've only read one and you're right it wasn't very good. Not much substance and just weird anecdotes about how he folded Kings when someone had Aces w/ reasoning along the lines of if you know he has Aces fold your kings lol.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:06 PM

I have played wtih David a few times in tourneys but not enough to pick up much, but I have logged lots of hours wiht him at the Bellagio 100/200 limit game, some shorthanded as well. I find it hard to believe he is a winner in that game, but he could be.

He once 8 bet me on the turn with 33 on a Q9366 board, that was fun.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:19 PM

I played with him while he was donking in a bellagio 15 game, and we talked a bit. Every time I'm at bellagio now we go talk. Super nice guy.