Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:37 PM

Default How to modify the FTP Mac client

I saw a question about how to do this in the big FTP mods thread and thought it deserved to be broken out into a separate topic.

FTP Mac client users can modify their graphics just like Windows users.

To modify the FTP Mac client:

1. Grab whatever graphics you want to use from the big thread and put them in a convenient folder on your desktop. Like their Windows cousins, they should be .PNG files, except for the Table.jpg files, which are (obviously) JPEGs.

2. Locate the FullTilt Mac client software, typically in Applications/Full Tilt Poker.

3. If you have a two button mouse, right click on the Full Tilt Poker application icon. If you have a one button mouse or track pad, Control-click on the icon.

4. Choose “Show Package Contents” from the context menu.

5. Once inside the package, go to Contents/Resources/Graphics

I believe the structure and content within the Graphics folder is exactly the same as the Window’s client. Take the elements you like from your folder of favorite graphics mentioned in step 1 and replace whatever you want:

The Elements folder ( Contents/Resources/Graphics/Table/Elements) contains the cards, dealer button, etc.

RaceTrack layouts are stored in Contents/Resources/Graphics/Table/RaceTrack

To replace a RaceTrack table, select one of the stock RT tables you aren’t using (e.g., “Stainless”, Contents/Resources/Graphics/Table/RaceTrack/Stainless/Table.jpg), and replace the Table.jpg file with a Table.jpg file of your choosing from the big thread or your favorites folder. To use your modified layout, select the RT layout you've replaced in the client software (i.e., if you replace the Stainless table/background with your own, you need to tell the client software to use this choice).

This is my setup (posted as a medium quality JPEG, the actual graphics are higher resolution PNGs and look better):

If you’d like to download it, I’ve hosted my entire FTP Graphics folder (8.1MB, zipped) at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6nw2omjey2e

You can just unzip it and replace your existing graphics folder (Contents/Resources/Graphics).

Hope this is clear. I am standing on the shoulders of the generous folks who did the actual card and table mods, so if you like the look, please thank the original posters in the other thread. Similarly, if you want mods or something different, you are on your own -- this is just a How To on modifying the Mac client.

If you make a mistake, just drag the FTP client to the trash and reinstall. Also, FWIW, the modified elements aren’t replaced by regular FTP updates, so you can do this once and you should be good for a while.

Enjoy!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: How to modify the FTP Mac client

This is great, I use your set up and it was so simple to do.

However the latest FT update replaced the waffle cards, so I replaced the graphics folder. Now I have the right cards back BUT I no longer have the raise bar or the window to type an amount into.

Call, fold or min raise ain't my game - so I need help!