Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Re: the mmtbone thread - mod discussion

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like mike Haven's opinion on this issue with lorinda. Maybe we should just delete her entire account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good timing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2006, 03:56 PM

are there 2 accounts, lori and lorinda? same person?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 03-28-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

lorinda

Lori
Old 03-28-2006, 04:18 PM

We've reached a new pinnacle of excellence in prudish overmoderation it seems. How pathetic. I'm guessing diebitter is in some way responsible for this?

Cola, you might as well just delete the entire OOT forum while you're at it. Nowadays, it's rife with immaturity and vulgarity. It's just a cesspool, really. How I wish we could return to the halcyon times of threads about Andyfox's trip to the car wash with Clarkmeister and Dynasty.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:30 PM

Would the emperor like a little wager about his guessing abilities?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing diebitter is in some way responsible for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And can we keep quiet about who pulled it? When it gets noticed, I'm hoping to make some money on prop bets that it was/wasn't me (I kid)

[/ QUOTE ]

How much did you win?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much did you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, no one spotted it was gone, so none to be made. Unless his peripatetic-ness wants to double a grand I have in neteller and put his money where his guesses are? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2006, 04:36 PM

I was staying out of this because I've been on good pm/e-mail terms with lorinda for four or five years, and know bits and pieces about lorinda's real life, although lorinda has always been a very private person both on and off the boards.

If you look at lorinda's posting history, you will see that although people try to hit on lorinda every now and then, lorinda will NEVER respond in a sexual way. The ONLY indication that lorinda is female is the name lorinda, and, of course, the avatar.

Obviously, I know lorinda's real name and sex, but I am not going to state what I know, as this is confidential information given to me because of our friendly relationship.

I have not been in touch with lorinda over this matter, and it does seem like a bit of an over-reaction, to me, and I can't explain why it has become such a big deal to lorinda on this occasion.

I accept fully that if lorinda prefers that everyone thinks lorinda is female, that's lorinda's prerogative in a largely anonymous internet forum.

lorinda is a very intelligent person, and, (although I didn't tell lorinda), it seems to me that somehow lorinda has discovered that if a poster wants something deleted, and it isn't, then Twoplustwo could be sued - hence, the threat of legal action to get the relevant posts deleted, which is probably in reality all lorinda wants.

(Again, in reality, people in the UK don't sue, as a rule - it's a different world over here in that respect - so it is an empty threat, I believe. lorinda's good at running bluffs, don't forget!)

I'd HATE lorinda to be banned. lorinda is a major part of Twoplustwo's history. I can't actually see any reason to ban lorinda, simply because lorinda has reacted angrily to a thread that has really pissed lorinda off, for whatever reason.

I would ask that we delete the "offending" posts, as lorinda requested, and let the water run under the bridge. In fact, lorinda might leave of lorinda's own accord if lorinda falls out with more than a couple of people over this - it's the way lorinda is as a person.

Finally, Lori was created because at one point GrannyMae was on death's door, with 2500 posts to Granny's name. lorinda vowed that lorinda would never post more than 2500 posts, as a sign of respect, and therefore had to start the Lori account. After Granny's heart operation and recovery, lorinda was able to post again. In the early days of the use of the two accounts, I think lorinda was used for poker posts and Lori for chat posts, (or vice versa). I don't know if that is the case now, as lorinda sort of fell out with me when I was made a moderator in "lorinda's" Zoo, and lorinda moved to the strategy forums.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cola, you might as well just delete the entire OOT forum while you're at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not deleting or editing anything at this point, fwiw.

Since Mat and Mike Haven are around, one of them will probably take care of it after everyone figures out what should happen next. I'm actually not going to be online for much longer this afternoon/evening, anyway.