Default Re: Tales of the Grassroots: Ron Paul

Rand Paul? Freudian slip no doubt
Old 11-30-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rand is his son.

In case you think I'm messing with you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Paul#Family
Old 11-30-2007, 02:32 AM

over/under on the number of people who show up and say "RAND Paul. Who the [censored] is RAND Paul"?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:00 AM

I've seen a few signs here and there in Urbana, IL (U of IL campus), but not as many as I'd like. Gonna try to raise some awareness when I'm back there.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:13 AM

I don't preach him, if that's what you mean by evangelism. I just bring him up in conversation. I'm not religious either, FWIW.

Anyway, I live in Des Moines and this is what I've seen for signs so far, that I remember. Yard signs: Hillary (2) Obama (2) Paul (1) Tancredo (1). Bumper stickers: Obama (6) Hillary (5) Edwards (2) Romney (1) Giuliani (1) Paul (1, my own) Huckabee (1). (lots of Bush and Kerry obv, they're a little slow here)

I've also heard from my politics professor that the "social conservatives have decided on a candidate, and that man is Mike Huckabee." So, caucuses should be interesting. I'm ready to battle.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:28 AM

xorbie, you are from CU? I'm at UIUC right now. I am proudly displaying my printed Ron Paul sign in my apt. window right now, and will put up the big one I ordered from the website when it gets here.

What will really help down here is if Obama leaves the Dem. race as I don't think too many people are super-high on Hillary.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't preach him, if that's what you mean by evangelism. I just bring him up in conversation. I'm not religious either, FWIW.

Anyway, I live in Des Moines and this is what I've seen for signs so far, that I remember. Yard signs: Hillary (2) Obama (2) Paul (1) Tancredo (1). Bumper stickers: Obama (6) Hillary (5) Edwards (2) Romney (1) Giuliani (1) Paul (1, my own) Huckabee (1). (lots of Bush and Kerry obv, they're a little slow here)

I've also heard from my politics professor that the "social conservatives have decided on a candidate, and that man is Mike Huckabee." So, caucuses should be interesting. I'm ready to battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

roflmao. Huckabee a social conservatives candidate. They have short memories. His record as guvna was as liberal as they come.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

roflmao. Huckabee a social conservatives candidate. They have short memories. His record as guvna was as liberal as they come.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Huckabee could get away with it if it wasn't for his record on immigration. Trying to give scholarships to illegals isn't going to go well with America no matter how you spin it. Welfare is something that can be sold when it's going to people like you.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rand is his son.

In case you think I'm messing with you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Paul#Family

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul: Ron who?
Rand Paul: Rand who??

Is this another dynasty in the making? Methinks, not a chance!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:25 AM

Midge, as an Australian who is opposed to Bush's foreign policy, I'm confused why you so despise Ron Paul. He would put an end to the aggressive foreign policy. That's what you want, isn't it?

Even if you oppose the rest of his ideology, what difference does that make, since domestic US policies don't affect you. With all the barking you do about Bush and Iraq, who pray tell do you support more than the guy whose entire campaign is energized by the idea of changing foreign policy and bringing our troops home from everywhere in the world?