Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 25NL QQ Flop Decision

I'd really only acknowledge the first category you have there without knowing his pfr cause then I just assume I'm playing against a generic 50Nler, while possibly tightening the range a little for safety but...

In that case, you'll need to add AdJd, AdQd, and to include the Jd9d may be a little assuming but meh...

Definately not a jumping call, but hero already has basically half his stack in there getting like 2.5:1 against opponent's tolerable range...I'd shrug call.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 PM

I assumed AQs-ATs is in his range, just that he will shove with that flush draw a lot less often than he will with a set. So to give those holdings a weight of 25% I only included one of them, AKs. Also, you are correct, J9s should be weighted down by maybe half since he is less likely to call the pf raise with that holding. So that would raise our equity approx. 2% in each case. 4% if he just doesn't play J9s to a raise.

I figured he's getting 3:1 pot odds. So you're right, shrug call against a loose player. I still think it's a fold against a medium or tight player. Even taking J9s out, he only has 18.5% equity and need 25% equity just to break even against a medium tight player.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assumed AQs-ATs is in his range, just that he will shove with that flush draw a lot less often than he will with a set. So to give those holdings a weight of 25% I only included one of them, AKs. Also, you are correct, J9s should be weighted down by maybe half since he is less likely to call the pf raise with that holding. So that would raise our equity approx. 2% in each case. 4% if he just doesn't play J9s to a raise.

I figured he's getting 3:1 pot odds. So you're right, shrug call against a loose player. I still think it's a fold against a medium or tight player. Even taking J9s out, he only has 18.5% equity and need 25% equity just to break even against a medium tight player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes perhaps you're right, marginal either way...