Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Which of these known female poker players could beat 4-8 NL online

Lucy Rokach
Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to just come out a moderate winner at the 3/6 and 5/10 is not a demanding task.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what do you play?

It's kinda hilarious to read the non-strat forums full of busto retards acting like all you have to do is raise and bet good hands to win at 5/10. You won't even win at 2/4 with that strategy (you can break even, but that's it).

Is beating 5/10 NL up there with rocket science and brain surgery? I mean, it takes a similar amount of effort and study as well as above average intelligence, so tbh, yes.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to just come out a moderate winner at the 3/6 and 5/10 is not a demanding task.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what do you play?

It's kinda hilarious to read the non-strat forums full of busto retards acting like all you have to do is raise and bet good hands to win at 5/10. You won't even win at 2/4 with that strategy (you can break even, but that's it).

Is beating 5/10 NL up there with rocket science and brain surgery? I mean, it takes a similar amount of effort and study as well as above average intelligence, so tbh, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree 100% with what you are saying about breaking even with a straight forward aproach.......against 5 tough players at a 5/10 6 max.

but i also said that with a proper bank roll, no tilt issues and decent game selection.......5/10 can easily be beat with a straight forward aproach. now what you call a straight forward aproach vs. my opinion might be different. my idea of a straight forward aproach is stats like a 20/14. if anyone hasnt learned to make a go of those stats, then they really are behind the times.

i certainly dont mean a 12/8 is going to get it done. times have changed for sure.

but from what i mentioned, i dont think my stated aproach requires some sort of above average intelligence. it might require a speacial talent like patience or not going on tilt, but definately not above average intelligence requirements.

we are talking about beating the game right? if that means running at 2bb/100.......that is beating the game, is it not?
Old 11-16-2007, 07:45 PM

you realize that 'average intelligence' is an IQ of 100, right?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 PM

are you sure? i thought average was 135ish......seriously.

please excuse me if i'm wrong. its been a long time since school and college.........lol, and a 9 to 5 job.

hey, and dont get me wrong, i am not trying to "dumb" poker down. if anything, i give anyone who is beating the game at any level a vote of "great accomplishment". from what i understand, only 5% are winners? i find that hard to believe but whatever. if thats the case, its an acomplishment but c'mon people, its not up to the level of brain surgery or rocket science. lets give the truly intelligent some deserving credit.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:00 PM

yes the average IQ is in the 100 area

and you seriously think playing 20/14 will beat 5/10? i only play 25NL, but even i know thats nearly impossible to do
Old 11-16-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you sure? i thought average was 135ish......seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you forgot vanessa selbst

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 100% positive that vanessa is a better cash NL player than anybody on OP's original list.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes the average IQ is in the 100 area

and you seriously think playing 20/14 will beat 5/10? i only play 25NL, but even i know thats nearly impossible to do

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so what kind of stats are going to beat the supposedly super tough 5/10? i dont think you guys are listening when i repeatedly mention about game selection.

if you want to be a hero and be a consistent winner against the tough line ups in 5/10, then go for it.......but it doesnt mean those are the games you have to seek out.

i really think a 20/14 or 18/12 is a reasonable stat to sustain a profit at 5/10 with some donators at the table.

if anyone tells me there isnt horrible players at 5/10, then i'll say you dont know what the hell your talking about.

ive been a live player mostly. i started out at the bottom and moved as high as 2 3 5 and 10/20 nlh and as high as 100/200 limit holdem, and i got to tell the uninformed.........the horrible players dont seem to diminish even at those levels.

i'll agree that the "online" fish selection might not be as big but i witnessed one of the most god awful players last night at 5/10. GOD AWFUL.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:00 PM

youre apparently overestimating the amount of game selection online players have. you know why people line up to play tie all the time? its that hard to get a good game up there

even at 5/10 theres not going to be a huge line is fish waiting to give their chips away like they do live.

thats the difference, you play live, where anyone can just walk in and get money on the table. online its a much tougher process, one where fish are less likely to go through the trouble.

preflop stats dont make a player a winner. postflop does, do theres no magic number in stats where you can just start destroying. at 5/10 youre lucky to get a table with 1 fish at a full table, they still play decent but spew postflop. there are very few true droolers left at high stakes online on US sites. even tie can beat midstakes.

by the way, id like to see you win at 5/10 ONLINE, on a US site for a significant sample size, and play your 20/14...id bet you cant...