Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 11-11-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Hypothetical BBL trapping question

I have come into this spot a few times where shorty goes all in and I'm in the SB and BB is ultra laggy. We can expect BB to shove over our SB limp (if we do so) w/ a huge range.

Are there any hands we should be limping in this spot to induce a shove?

Assume following stacks:

300/600, 50 ante

CO (350)
BTN (3000)
Hero (2650)
BB (7500)

CO shoves, BTN Folds, Hero w/ XX ???

What is your minimum range to be limping here, if you do limp to induce a BB shove?
Old 11-11-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Hypothetical BBL trapping question

I would not do this too often. I might limp Aces here but with all other hands I decide to play I just push. You take down t250 4free when BB folds and if he calls that's fine, because you most likely beat his range.
If I have a good/premium hand I push if not I think I muck here. This is to me a Push/Fold situation. I don't think that limping is good here.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:50 AM

When im limping here its because I am hoping bb will check it down to knockout shorty ... however shorty is forced AI next hand anyways so he has to win twice anyways

Is this guy shoving because its the bubble or just shoving because he is a lag?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:04 AM

shoving b/c it's the bbl. He had made several bbl pwnage shoves and to my dismay, the shorties kept doubling up.

I was winding down my sesh and was sweating every table soo badly since I was just playing a set of 12 (not loading more) and I had like 2/11 ITM so far as was stuck. I don't want to say what hand I limped/called off in the SB b/c it's pretty embarrassing. It certainly wasn't AA. I think at the time I figure the only way I go out in 4th is if shorty beats both our hands and I lose to BB, which I figured was very rare. Obv if I shove and that doesn't get called by BB I lose like no chips and can't bbl.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figure the only way I go out in 4th is if shorty beats both our hands and I lose to BB, which I figured was very rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your range is the top 10% of hands and the two villains range is the top 50% of hands then this is going to happen about 10%+ of the time. I would say that it would be better to push that range and muck all else to a BB shove if he is not willing to check it down.

If you make all your ranges equal then you are going to come away 4th 1 in 6 times.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:13 AM

C/O is AI next hand so he is shoving with just about any 2.

I would invest t300 on any two and hope BB has enough sense to check it down.

With the blinds and antes this high, it doesn't matter much to me whether I have t2350 or t2050.

IMHO
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM

I dont think there is any reason you can't limp super wide if you would like. Calling a rasie from bb isn't horrid i think but you have to be careful.

With SS already in all you need to do is beat one of htem and not lose to both with ss scouping.

You shouldn't be trying to get all in pf with any 2 other then AAKKQQ.

Also if you trying to get bb all in i would min raise in that situation more then limp.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not do this too often. I might limp Aces here but with all other hands I decide to play I just push. You take down t250 4free when BB folds and if he calls that's fine, because you most likely beat his range.
If I have a good/premium hand I push if not I think I muck here. This is to me a Push/Fold situation. I don't think that limping is good here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is better advice i think.