Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: 400NLHUCASH trip aces getting raised on the river

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post, xSCWx. You took time for this, ty. But you came up with some pretty strange holdings, like 86s? You think he minraised bluff on the turn? B and C option seems more likely than A, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that B and C are a lot more likely than A. This may just be a result of me betting the vast majority of paired flops, but I've encountered quite a few players who will min raise on the flop as a "test" bet to see how you react, then will continue through with a bluff if you don't raise them. It seems really unusual to me that he took the strong looking min-raise line then decided to take the polar opposite move of checking behind on the turn.

What do you mean minraised bluff on the turn?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice post, xSCWx. You took time for this, ty. But you came up with some pretty strange holdings, like 86s? You think he minraised bluff on the turn? B and C option seems more likely than A, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that B and C are a lot more likely than A. This may just be a result of me betting the vast majority of paired flops, but I've encountered quite a few players who will min raise on the flop as a "test" bet to see how you react, then will continue through with a bluff if you don't raise them. It seems really unusual to me that he took the strong looking min-raise line then decided to take the polar opposite move of checking behind on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant minraised bluff on flop. Just used the wrong word. Is it possible that he has A8 here and did it for pot control? Minraise flop check turn IP controls the pot very well. Like A8 or A7, and he sucked out so pot control wasn't needed any more? Realize he is almost 200BB deep so this might be his play. I sensed a tendency of him being very tight and careful when he is up so this might be his line. It is confusing situation, because he seems to be overaggressive sometimes when he only has a buy in on one table, and very tight when he has more than that. So I don't know if he is capable of bluffing here.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:30 AM

Nice stack BTW
Old 10-28-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice stack BTW

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant minraised bluff on flop. Just used the wrong word. Is it possible that he has A8 here and did it for pot control? Minraise flop check turn IP controls the pot very well. Like A8 or A7, and he sucked out so pot control wasn't needed any more? Realize he is almost 200BB deep so this might be his play. I sensed a tendency of him being very tight and careful when he is up so this might be his line. It is confusing situation, because he seems to be overaggressive sometimes when he only has a buy in on one table, and very tight when he has more than that. So I don't know if he is capable of bluffing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think A8 is his most likely "real" hand to show up with here. The min raise is kind of weird for 88, I think a7 and 77 both almost always bet the turn. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that he backdoored you either though.

Please tell me you called so we can see the results for this. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 09:44 AM

I called. He showed A8.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Thats pretty impressive scw
Old 10-28-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats pretty impressive scw

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2007, 02:59 PM

Have you ever thought about re-raising this flop?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:02 AM

I keep reading these posts putting opponent on a straight, and I keep getting superconfused. Judging from his river action, that's a likely holding, but judging from the flop action, that's crazy.

Also, to the person who said, why bet river, I say, huh?

I think the play up until we get raised on the river is good. Vs. a very aggro guy who calls a lot of pf 3-bets I'd suck it up and call. Not sure exactly how often we're in bad shape here, but I assume an aggro player would play worse aces in a similar fashion.

However, if he mucks a lot of hands to your preflop reraises then he's probably going to be mucking most of those worse aces, so you're looking for someone who sticks around in pots.