Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games

Old 06-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Best Counting System

What do you think is the best counting system for a 6 deck game, dealer S17, Double after split, Resplit Aces, Late Surrender game. What about for a 2 deck w/ the same rules but no surrender?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Best Counting System

2 deck is generally selective shuffle -- which doesn't offer much over time, independent of the count. For the 6 deck, where the cut is at will make more difference than the level count, or side counts. I think you need to focus on what a good game is before you weigh count strategies. The betting correlation between a single level count and some of the most advanced counts favors the single level count. The strategic efficiency of the more complex counts never quite seems to make up for their lack of betting correlation. So you need to be tracking multiple counts, or at least -- side counts.

In either case -- the cut card on the six deck game, and the selected depth of the 2 deck game would be more important factors than the count you were using.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 AM

Ok given all that. What is the best counting system for the 6 deck game described?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:20 AM

One you're comfortable with and won't make any mistakes with. A single level +/- is a fine count -- keeping separate track of Aces, it's nearly as good as you can get.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM

what is your experience level?

for anything besides single deck it has been pretty much proven on other AP boards that any gain from using a more efficient system is lost if you make ANY mistakes. so if you're just starting out I would recommend a very basic unbalanced count like red 7 or KO. google reKO (ridiculously easy KO) - it's the simplest count I've seen and it's the one that I use when donking off chips and it performs something like 99.5% as much as KO.