Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 05-16-2007, 09:48 AM

Default UK Betting -

Just received this from ukbetting (Cryptologic network)

[ QUOTE ]
Dear all,

You may or may not have heard rumours that ukbetting and totalbet poker will be closing.

I can confirm that we intend to stop any new registrations on the poker rooms from the 4th June 2007. We have emailed all non-affiliated players with a request to empty their accounts and register with SkyPoker.

I'm afraid I cannot as yet confirm what we intend with reference to affiliated rakeback players. I appreciate that you are all very keen to find out, and rest assured I will let you know as soon as I can. I anticipate having some answers by Friday.

Thank you all in advance for your patience.

Regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, the deal is that ukbetting (365 Media group) was bought by BSkyB recently (For those of you unfamiliar, Sky is the main satellite provider for the UK...and some parts of Europe) which is run by the Murdoch media group.

We have no idea what the plan is for existing players but they are likely to be encouraged to either join the SkyPoker network or have an account automatically created for them.

We also do not know whether rakeback will be allowed for new players or even existing. What we do know is that there are bound to be several fish on SkyPoker as it currently stands, but the network is probably not all that big at the moment.

It is possible that existing players will be grandfathered in, even if rakeback isn't allowed on the new network - so non members may want to sign up through their affiliate prior to the 4th June.

As soon as we have more information we will let you know.

Kind regards

RakeTheRake