Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Nice hand, sir!

if you lose quads to a royal flush im pretty sure its gonna feel like you just got hit in the nuts with a sledgehammer
Old 05-12-2007, 03:03 PM

yeh, technically its still a beat, but putting in money while behind is not the way to win at poker.

OP , say you were playing at a room with uncapped betting, both of you have 100bb in front. How far would you go?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:06 PM

maybe its not technically a bad beat but its a huge cooler obv.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:26 PM

Been there. Done that.

Had more money in ahead, though, but lost less money because it was only 10/20 and villain ran out of money on the river.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Been there. Done that.

Had more money in ahead, though, but lost less money because it was only 10/20 and villain ran out of money on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats gotta be the most frustrating thing ever. playing minbet, hitting a royal, not having enough in front of you to play with somebody who made quads.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Been there. Done that.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats gotta be the most frustrating thing ever. playing minbet, hitting a royal, not having enough in front of you to play with somebody who made quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

He made up for it by capping flop and turn with just a nut flushdraw, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeh, technically its still a beat, but putting in money while behind is not the way to win at poker.

OP , say you were playing at a room with uncapped betting, both of you have 100bb in front. How far would you go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was ahead PF, behind on the flop, ahead on the turn, behind on the river. That's as many lead changes as you are ever going to see in one hand of holdem.

This is BBV, so I don't want to delve too much into the strategy of the hand, but I was pretty sure what he had when he capped the river. Given the sum of the villain's actions in the hand, I was pretty sure I was behind to a straight on the flop, although some combo draws/two pair hands were also possible, though he likely would have raised PF with AQ, AA, or QQ, and might have just called with QJ, AJ, or ATs. Once the J paired, that more or less eliminated his two pair holdings, and made KT much more likely. On the river, I would not have raised him had there been another betting round, as by then he had convinced me that he had exactly KsTs, and I was beaten. But I still had to call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I finished up +$1500 for the session, so it wasn't too much of a cooler, just one of those odd bumps in the road.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:55 PM

dude, im not criticizing your play. Theres no way around this and you played well.

As you said, this is BBV.