Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Response from Bodog sounds positive for U.S. customers

I wrote to Bodog to get a sense of what their intentions were regarding the recent legislation, and this is their reply. I also posted this to the Zoo but thought it might be appreciated here as well.

Thank you for your questions. We are aware of the recent Internet gambling legislation passed by the U.S. This bill still has to be passed by the executive branch of government before it is enacted into law. It is definitely our full intention to continue doing business with customers in the United States. (emphasis mine)

Regardless of the outcome this time, the online gambling industry will continue to flourish and Bodog.com will remain at the front and center of this digital entertainment industry for years to come.

You should take comfort in knowing that Bodog.com is well situated to adapt to any change in the legislative environment. Bodog.com considers online gambling to be legal under international law and complies with the laws within all of its jurisdictions where it carries out its operations.

We would encourage you to consult a legal expert to ensure that you are properly informed about local, state and federal laws with respect to online gambling.

You may care to know that Bodog.com has been in business for more than 10 years and was the first online gambling operation licensed in Costa Rica. Bodog.com is now also licensed in Kahnawake and by the government of the United Kingdom.

Bodog.com is committed to openness and transparency, and we thank you for taking the time to write to us. Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.

Our highest priority is to offer you a safe and enjoyable wagering environment.

Best Regards,
Bodog Customer Service
Old 10-01-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Response from Bodog sounds positive for U.S. customers

[ QUOTE ]
It is definitely our full intention to continue doing business with customers in the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]
This just means U.S. players will play there, which from what I've read is legal. However, assuming everything is as bad as it seems, players will not be allowed to put money into these poker sites

[ QUOTE ]
digital entertainment industry

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what they consider themselves? Kinda funny
Old 10-01-2006, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Response from Bodog sounds positive for U.S. customers

as if they are going to come straight out and say "we are banning US customers".

expect the same response from any site saying they wont ban US players, but including something along the lines of "we will continue looking into the new law and act accoringly."