Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Drawing to a weakish flush in a multi-way pot

Did I play this junk right, or should I be folding at some point on turn? UTG is a regular, but he's 34/14 or some such thing, and hand reads pretty well post-flop. SB is a pretty tight player. Both seem reasonable. Do you call in a spot like this, both before and after the turn raise?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Drawing to a weakish flush in a multi-way pot

I'm tempted to fold the flop here because we aren't closing the action. This is a draw heavy board that would hit a lot of limping ranges. Also, a good player betting into the field signifies strength. Your outs aren't all clean either. I would fold to the turn raise as well if I got there.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:55 PM

I don't know about the call of the tight SB:s raise with ATo
Not my favourite hand to play in a 4-way pot with at least 2 decent opponents.

Flop call ok I guess.

I would fold to the sb donk on the turn. What possible hands do you beat? How many clean outs do you have if you're behind. Can you be sure you'll be able to see the river for one bet (obviously not)

After the turn raise I'm def. done with this hand
Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would fold to the sb donk on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB didn't donk, but point taken.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 PM

If SB is tight..how does a10o fair against his range overall? I wouldnt think all that great.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If SB is tight..how does a10o fair against his range overall? I wouldnt think all that great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would always call ATo here.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Okay, what about heads up, in a situation like this against an unknown? Do you chuck it and say, "not good enough odds!", or do you get past the turn here?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 PM

Preflop is a fold IMO against a tight UTG raise...Raising would be second best, cold calling is not option.

Flop call is OK. Turn is an easy fold.

EDIT: I just reread UTG's stats. However, cold calling is still bad. 3bet or fold is usually best preflop.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is a fold IMO against a tight UTG raise...Raising would be second best, cold calling is not option.

Flop call is OK. Turn is an easy fold.

EDIT: I just reread UTG's stats. However, cold calling is still bad. 3bet or fold is usually best preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't cold call - I was in the BB.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM

I think you can fold this turn. You are tarped.

2nd hand is weirdddd. Some people will value bet a 2 on that river, for serious. Others have just hit the king. You see what I mean right?

I'll usually call the 1st time expecting to win like 1/10 but it's fine because i'm going to be in this spot, HU on the river, with a weak showdown hand, vs. a guy who has been cold calling/calling me for a while, and i want to make more informed decisions later on. Just make sure to slowdown, make a note, and walk yourself through that hand again before 3-betting the AQ you have on the other table or it's basically .9 BBs out the window.

Wait, what window?