Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Default [PL20] I have an ovrpair + oesfd, hows my play

Villian 1 I have no read on, he doesn't matter he has a 5$ stack. Villian 2 has almost 200bb (35$), and I have him covered. Villian 2 has been raising a lot of hands pf, most of them seem to be pairs with some cards nearby. He seems like a donk, and kind of stupid.
I'm in the bb with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it is 4 handed. UTG folds, villian 2 raises to 0.70 on the button, villian 1 calls, and I reraise to 2.60$ because my hand is a lot better than most of what he is raising. Both players call, pot is around 9$
flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Shorty goes all in for 3$, and I minraise to try to cheaply force the button out (probably a mistake). Button calls. Turn is the
T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
giving me an OESFD, and villian has around a psb left. I really thought about betting the pot, and I probably should have. I checked though, and he bet the pot. I called (this is why I think I should have bet. If I'm going to call, might as well have some fold equity since my hand has to improve to win probably).
River is the
4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, he bets his last 4$, and I call because I'm getting around 18:1.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: [PL20] I have an ovrpair + oesfd, hows my play

I just did some twodimes calculations based on his probably hands, and it looks like best case I barely have a call on the turn, and worst case I'm getting destroyed, so it is probably a fold. I would still like to hear advice however.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:05 PM

i agree totally with the comment if your going to call 100% and u think if you check he is the type of player who will bet, as is the villain you described, then yes defiantly bet yourself.

Given that you havent said anything about villains post flop aggreession, e.g. that he likes to take stabs post flops on draws and the like, i really do think that this is a check fold, your kings are almost never good, and drawing to just a flush draw, which again is you can never be sure of is most likly not the best play. Also given that a large part of the pot is already locked up, makes it even less likly that he is bluffing, unless he is really a total moron!!

either as you said lead out, or check fold, i prob do the latter.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:39 AM

I don't like repotting pre OOP with kings deep, generally, even if they are likely to be good. You're saying 'I have a high pair' and you have a high pair. I'm more liable to do it obviously when my other two cards are co-ordinated, but rating to be good is not a good enough reason to repot pre.

I don't like the minraise on the flop very much either, but it's not terrible. You're probably winning against the shorty, against whom you'd prefer to get it HU, so raise something meaningful like another $12. That way, if you get called, you know you're up against a monster draw or a monster made hand. Once the turn gives you an overpair, flush draw and openender (the straight flush outs count for very little - according to your HH you don't even have one fyi), you're in pretty good shape against naked two pair, so I just pot it and expect to have the best hand a decent % of the time and the best 3-way draw the rest. Pushing all-in on the turn rather than check-calling is much better when you have a decent sidepot to fight over rather than just $6. Check-calling the turn becomes a much better play if and only if deep villain is willing to semibluff or isolate with good pair + draw type hands. As it stands, especially against a donk, you rate to get your money in in fairly good shape for either/both pots, so I wouldn't fold if you've checked.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian 1 I have no read on, he doesn't matter he has a 5$ stack. Villian 2 has almost 200bb (35$), and I have him covered. Villian 2 has been raising a lot of hands pf, most of them seem to be pairs with some cards nearby. He seems like a donk, and kind of stupid.
I'm in the bb with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it is 4 handed. UTG folds, villian 2 raises to 0.70 on the button, villian 1 calls, and I reraise to 2.60$ because my hand is a lot better than most of what he is raising. Both players call, pot is around 9$
flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Shorty goes all in for 3$, and I minraise to try to cheaply force the button out (probably a mistake). Button calls. Turn is the
T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
giving me an OESFD, and villian has around a psb left. I really thought about betting the pot, and I probably should have. I checked though, and he bet the pot. I called (this is why I think I should have bet. If I'm going to call, might as well have some fold equity since my hand has to improve to win probably).
River is the
4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, he bets his last 4$, and I call because I'm getting around 18:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your biggest problem is that you are shouldn't have repotted preflop out of position. It is true you may have the best hand, but you cannot get enough of your stack in preflop to make this move worthwhile. I would not have repoted AAXX unless my sidecards were awesome.

As played:
On the flop your play isn't terrible, but I would have probably just raised the pot. 852 isn't a flop that is likely to help your other opponent, but a min raise by your might have let a 34XX or 76XX hand call.

As played:
What hand that called on the flop improved with the turn card? Perhaps T8XX, but that is unlikely. I like a pot sized bet here to make any OESD pay. If you get called and are behind, you still have a chance to make your hand.