Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Interesting JJ hand

honestly I dont really hate this at all...

I think its fine. No foldy on turn tho!

JT
Old 09-12-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually cap the JJ preflop as well, but I like to mix it up esp. OOP (was planning flop c/r obv).

I feel like lines like this both rely on reads as well as make you harder to read, which is important in the stars 10/20 games with so many regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

jdalla,
when you raise utg and call a 3-bet oop and then c/r a T74r flop, you rep a stronger hand than if you cap pf and lead the flop. But you put in the same amount of money.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually cap the JJ preflop as well, but I like to mix it up esp. OOP (was planning flop c/r obv).

I feel like lines like this both rely on reads as well as make you harder to read, which is important in the stars 10/20 games with so many regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

jdalla,
when you raise utg and call a 3-bet oop and then c/r a T74r flop, you rep a stronger hand than if you cap pf and lead the flop. But you put in the same amount of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... so are you saying it's bad to mix it up with this play ever? This line might also foldout some big aces on the turn more than cap/lead, but that's player dependent too.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jdalla,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... so are you saying it's bad to mix it up with this play ever? This line might also foldout some big aces on the turn more than cap/lead, but that's player dependent too.

[/ QUOTE ]

JDalla,
What I'm saying is that if you wanna "mix it up" to make yourself harder to read, you should pick a spot where either

1. The range you rep is significantly different from what your hand actually is.

2. The range you rep is at least much wider than usual.

Neither is satisfied here.