Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 02:14 PM

Default An unconventional play

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Second orbit, not much of a read.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Meh? I think I like it.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: An unconventional play

The ole' double check raise buff. Without a read, absolutely horrible. With a read, brilliant! Opponent has to be TAG with a 33-35% SD number.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:29 PM

I think he'd have to be nuts to call without an A after that action, he bets that turn with a wider range than just something like AK/AJ, so I second the meh and say I like it too.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:33 PM

I will tell you a secret about me: I've stopped checkraising this on the flop after being 3-bet preflop, unless a read convince me of anything else. In my - at least recent - experience, nobody (of course not nobody, but very few) fold neither the flop checkraise nor the turn bet after 3-betting preflop, which means you either have to hit or fire the river as well, meaning investing 2.5 BB when you don't hit to win the pot. So I almost always just check/call the flop, and if I want to fight for the pot without hitting, then a turn semibluff c/r is a better attempt I feel - kinda what you tried here.

Of course, I suck and I'm well aware of it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but still, that's how I handle it. Please try to convince me why I should checkraise this flop. I need to hear it, at least if I'm totally wrong.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:50 PM

if I bet this turn, I will have AK, AQ, AJs, AA, or QQ, good luck with JTs vs this range.

Also, c/r this flop isn't going to work, you will have to at least spike a pair to take this down.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will tell you a secret about me: I've stopped checkraising this on the flop after being 3-bet preflop, unless a read convince me of anything else. In my - at least recent - experience, nobody (of course not nobody, but very few) fold neither the flop checkraise nor the turn bet after 3-betting preflop, which means you either have to hit or fire the river as well, meaning investing 2.5 BB when you don't hit to win the pot. So I almost always just check/call the flop, and if I want to fight for the pot without hitting, then a turn semibluff c/r is a better attempt I feel - kinda what you tried here.

Of course, I suck and I'm well aware of it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but still, that's how I handle it. Please try to convince me why I should checkraise this flop. I need to hear it, at least if I'm totally wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything wrong w/ C/C on this flop; especially considering he's CO and I'm UTG so a typical unknown's range in this non-steal spot isn't all that wide. A CO vs. button battle w/ a Tag regular would be different of course.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 PM

Flop raise isnt good and Turn raise even worse...why do you try to destroy your game? Just call the whole way..
Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I bet this turn, I will have AK, AQ, AJs, AA, or QQ, good luck with JTs vs this range.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you just check &amp; call a river bet w/ KK/KQ/JJ/TT, etc?