Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Pacific Poker Friend Bonus BS

First and foremost I would like to say to any newcomers or any others considering Pacific Poker should seriously rethink playing on that site and finding a room with integrity:

Here is what happened:
I had been playing on Pacific Poker for a while and liked the loose play and the whole set up in general. I didn't have any problems until one day I reccomended a friend to Pacific. Keep in mind that my own name was on the line as I boasted about the site. Anyways, they have a friend bonus going on at the time....25 for them and 150 for them. I reccomended my friend caleb and he signed up and deposited after my reccomendation. Neither of us revieved the bonus. So I contacted them and asked what happened. In the first email they stated that caleb had already signed up a month and a half ago. This was wierd because my friend got a new players bonus and I had just introduced him to online poker. So after about 4 emails I finally was told they had made a mistake(with no apology), and that it was true that I had reccoomended him before he signed up. Then they simply stated that the username Caleb had 8 accounts.......
Huh? And that was all there was to it. This confused me and caleb both. I had known exactly how long he had played online poker, which was about 3 weeks on a play money account on pokerstars. So I started to lose faith in the honesty and integrity of Pacific Poker....and I think thats always an important aspect with where you play poker....(as far as management and leadership)
Ok-then I gave them a second chance just because fairs fair. Sometimes mistakes are made. So I reccomended my friend Chris. Well, the same thing happened and I simply didnt here from them. Then I had to contact them(because they dont have the decency to inform you what happened), and they stated that we have the same IP adress. Well, meand chris live 35 miles away from each other, dont share a house, dont share a computer, AND I DONT EVEN DRIVE. So I told them all of this.....and about 20 hours later I got an email back stating that I had been on his computer about 2 months ago but that was ok. So they admitted making yet another mistake. And then yet again they just made up something because they knew they were wrong and we were both eligible for the bonus. Pacific Poker simply said," Chris had an account before the sign up bonus."
hhmmmmm....thats funny because like caleb he also got the new player sign up bonus and IM THE ONE WHO SHOWED HIM PACIFIC POKER!!!!!!! So basically, for reccomending 2 new customers to Pacific Poker they just took that and threw it back in my face and treated me like a big sack of crap.

And this is coming from someone that is not acting like a child and belittling their site, because I enjoyed their site before this.

So before you make a decision about going there please keep these two storys in mind and Choose a online room that will treat you with respect!
If you've had the same kind of situation with them then please tell me!
http://www.partypoker.com
World Poker Exchange
Old 07-12-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Pacific Poker Friend Bonus BS

Yeah, I know what you mean w/ them i referred a few of my friends back in the day we got our bonuses and everthing was great.

Then we started playing those 5 handed 2.75 SNG there w/ 3 or 4 of the people knowing each other just for fun we didn't cheat.

Next instead of telling us not to do it they put a hold on all of our accounts for suspicious activity, and i had to send them tons of documents proving my identinty to release my 500+ dollars, after i did this (which took forever cause they were always unhappy w/ my document scans) everything was supposedly good again.

I played for a bit more then cashed out and hadn't played their for a while.

I go to make another deposit and they say again my account has been handed over to their (some type of suspicious team and i must contact them w/ documents if i wish to play again)

At that point i just said i was done w/ them and went back to Party and Stars, If they don't want me playing 2.75 tournys w/ my friends thats fine, but don't continually hint that my account is suspicious, but you can't tell me why.

In short yeah they don't appreciate you go somewhere else like PS or PP w/ better support. There was also another poster on here who they labeled as a good player and stopped giving comp points to. Seems to me if someone was playing so often you would be glad to comp them since they are generating so much rake, especially when those things didn't clear at a fast rate either.

Only room i have ever had a huge problem w/ is pacific
Old 07-12-2006, 02:02 PM

Why do you play with friends when you are clearing a bonus?
It would be way to easy to clean the bonus money if you could just dump the 100$ into his account.
No wonder pacifik reacts...
Regarding the 8 accounts? Does he have shared ips with other users? Or does he have one and the same IP all the time?

You have played on your friends computer 2 months before referring him and you wonder why they have problems with that? This would start alarm bells in pretty much any poker room.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:26 PM

The 8 accounts:
No he doesnt share IP's with other users at all becausehe doesnt know other users.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 PM

When i was playing w/ my friends i wasn't clearing a bonus b/c you can't clear bonuses at SNG there or you couldn't when i played so that didn't have an effect on anything. As far as playing w/ friends if we all live a good distance away from each other playing online ls our only option we do it now at pokerstars and they don't have a problem w/ it. If we were using collision to gain an advantage on the other players they could find out fairly easily, by looking at how the hands were played.

And as far as them having a problem w/ him being on his friends computer 2 months ago, what if he was showing his friend the software and all the menus and things of that nature. Logging in on friends PC shouldn't make them ineligable for a bonus.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:35 PM

Made a very good point...
just because you are on somebodys elses PC maybe 1 or 2 times should not make you ineligable for a bonus....
and they even admitted that themselves. But it seems when they make an error they have to cover it up with unbased accusations. Pathetic!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:00 PM

The BS is even worse. When I tried to claim mine they told me my referred friend had to accmulate 888 points first. Who lives that long?