Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: The Official \"gravida\" reaction thread

Just so you're all aware, from now until 22 December, there's a free shipping sale on everything in our Store

Like this shirt, for example, for a mere $16:

tshirt ($16)
DVD ($8)
Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: The Official \"gravida\" reaction thread

I watched the movie today and I read this thread again to see other people's thoughts.
I actually had a lot of empathy for the main character. I felt really sad when the guy left and I was almost crying with her, I probably would if I had seen the movie on my TV instead of on my laptop (the computer glitched a bit during the crying scene because some update started).

I didn't think her action of throwing the delivery to the trash was wrong. I don't see anything wrong in forcing a situation to see a person again. It doesn't hurt anybody, you're paying for the delivery, and the guy was obviously interested if he asked her out, so the process wasn't wrong in my opinion.

I also don't think that not talking about her pregnancy is a bad thing. They are on their first date. Are people expected to say anything about your life to others in the first 2 hours you meet them? I think it was totally understandable for her to withhold the information, besides its something difficult to say, since you know the reaction will be "I have to go". As I said, I have a lot of empathy towards her character, I guess she won me over.

Another thing I feel compelled to defend her is the photo thing. I don't know about other people, but I don't go checking every detail of my apartment when I have visitors, I can't blame her for forgetting to hide a picture that showed a cut out piece of her ex. She cleaned the apartment, cooked and dressed pretty, it is totally normal to forget to hide the photo.

I actually disliked the guy a bit. Even though he was put in a very awkward situation, when the girl says "you don't have to do anything, you could just stay", it seems like he could make her day by staying one night, doing something for someone else. He could have sacrificed a night, to make a person happy for one night.

The movie was very good pryor, I am glad I watched it.