Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

OP,

The reason the policy exists for used games is because they're ALREADY [censored] OPEN! You're not really this [censored] dumb, are you?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:13 PM

This thread has to be some sort of joke, right? The OP can't possibly be serious.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

The reason the policy exists for used games is because they're ALREADY [censored] OPEN! You're not really this [censored] dumb, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, what the hell is your point? You love to throw around these one liners like they mean anything at all. I think you're the biggest douche I've come across in OOT, congrats. OBVIOUSLY IM AWARE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NEW AND USED GAME YOU [censored] IDIOT.

You missed the entire point anyways, yet again. You clowns just told me how this policy would be abused and run GameStop out of business blah blah when they already have the [censored] policy implemented for used games. But gee whiz, Gamestop would never allow a policy for new games to be returned within a week paying a $5-10 fee in exchange for a refund of store credit. So many people would spend $60 on a brand new game (zomg new!) and then $5-10 each week so they could return it in exchange for another brand new game, instead of just buying the used version of said game and returning it for another game a week later without any fees or questions asked, or just going to Blockbuster and abusing their return policy.

You should stick to those pretentious one liners that totally miss the entire point, btw. If you actually try to use your head I'm afraid you might hurt yourself. So browse some OOT threads, find some really good conceited remarks/insults from fellow pompous d-bags, and come back with another tounge in cheek response. Be sure to have very little relevance and not make any sense. Who am I kidding, you've got that one down pretty good!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:52 PM

You OOT tards have officially put me on forum tilt. afgd'd3tf4gegfjrrjk8ea
tgkotd4tuq;f's2'sfhng

Show me specifically where I'm wrong, or stfu and gfto thx.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You OOT tards have officially put me on forum tilt. afgd'd3tf4gegfjrrjk8ea
tgkotd4tuq;f's2'sfhng

Show me specifically where I'm wrong, or stfu and gfto thx.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'd challenge you to HU for rolls. That seems like your kind of proof. But I'm too mature. (Or maybe I'm busto [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])
Old 11-03-2007, 01:22 PM

One liners? So [censored] retarded.

Gamestop doesn't care if people abuse the used game policy, because the games are already open. They don't lose anything, because they're putting it right back on the shelf the same way it went out. When you open your new game and return it, they lose money no matter what. If it's not because of the fact that they have to lower the price on it now, it will be down the road when nobody's buying the game anymore and they have to lower the price on the used copy you put back on their shelf. Seriously, this would be the greatest level ever if it is one.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Gamestop doesn't care if people abuse the used game policy, because the games are already open. They don't lose anything, because they're putting it right back on the shelf the same way it went out. When you open your new game and return it, they lose money no matter what. If it's not because of the fact that they have to lower the price on it now, it will be down the road when nobody's buying the game anymore and they have to lower the price on the used copy you put back on their shelf. Seriously, this would be the greatest level ever if it is one.

[/ QUOTE ]

To suggest that people abusing the used game policy doesn't affect sales of their new games is hilarious. Can you be any more of a clueless moron? OH WAIT R U LEVELING ME? THAT WOULD SERIOUSLY BE THE AWESOMEST LEVEL OF ALL TIME AMIRITE?!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Yeah A5 I can see why you'd be annoyed but it's pretty inevitable for these smaller gamer companies for reasons people have touched on a bit already

McDonalds: They can afford a generous full refund policy because they can still retain a very strong "Revenue to Returns ratio" probably at least 500:1. No way small gaming stores could accomplish this, their ratio would be much much smaller. If everyone started abusing McD's policy, they would discontinue it.

[ QUOTE ]
Now I can see them not giving me a complete refund or exchange, perhaps making me pay 5 or 10 bucks since it was opened and they can't sell it new.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what they do, but they just charge a $40 fee for a $60 full refund [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To suggest that people abusing the used game policy doesn't affect sales of their new games is hilarious. Can you be any more of a clueless moron? OH WAIT R U LEVELING ME? THAT WOULD SERIOUSLY BE THE AWESOMEST LEVEL OF ALL TIME AMIRITE?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it when Mom and Dad fight. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 02:01 PM

When I was about 15, after school I would go to the local towns and buy copies of games I knew I could sell for more at competing chains, claiming they were broken or were the wrong game or I just didn't want them anymore. I used to go around comparing the prices of the same game in different shops. I think the biggest difference I saw was a game marked at £35 in Electronics Boutique and £18 in MVC, so did that a couple of times. MVC was the best because they would actually give you a refund without a receipt. Virgin, Woolworths and EB all required receipts for refunds. So I'd take a game in there I had no receipt for (because I'd bought it 5 minutes ago from somewhere else) and ask to swap it for a game of equal value. This would mean them giving me a receipt which I could cash in at a later point. Once in Woolworths one of the assistants recognised that I had brought the same game back three times already and wrote on my exchange receipt "not for refund". I just went to their stationary section and cut that bit off with their own scissors.

In the end I think I made about £150 and called it quits as they were all catching on. My money went back into the gaming industry anyway as I used it to buy a Playstation. I think this whole enterprise is the closest thing I've ever done to being criminal. I'm not sure if it even was criminal, since they all consented. I was only giving them products back which they sold and for the price they sold it. I think it probably counts as fraud rather than theft.