FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 1 - Four vs. Thirteen
Back to the Future 154 81.48%
Westworld 35 18.52%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2006, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Avatar Garage

[ QUOTE ]
Amazing thread. I was just wondering today how people get these awesome avatars.

I've got a request if anyone could get to it.
I would love to have a Big Lebowski avatar. Either 0:42 - 0:47 or 0:57 to about 1:04 from here would be amazing. But anything from the film would rock.

youtube link

[/ QUOTE ]

I used Borodog's idea about bouncing the frames to make it smoother in the first one. It really helped than's Boro. And dukesucks nice work on that last avatar I broke the silly 100kb size rule on one of these. Who is the jerk that thought up that rule. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Seriously it is just a size I strive get close to don't let it limit what you are trying to do. Keep up the good work we will catch up to the requests someday. Thanks for being patient people if we skipped you it was becasue yours was a hard one and we will come back to it once we get the straight forward ones done or we are in the mood for a challenge.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:14 AM

Any possible way you could make an avatar out like frames between like 4:20 - 4:28 of this video?

Or maybe when the window rolls down in this video?
Old 08-05-2006, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some kind of animated dice would rule, like it rolling and landing like my current av image fro a few secs before being rolled again (by a left handed dude).

Prefurably the dice would be metalic grey too like stainless steel.

Yes, if it fits my bill ill gladly transfer a little $ to you at stars (im a $16 STT grinder if you want a comparison point for the quoted bill).

And i promise to love you for life (metaphorically speaking).

(background to the dice thing is on my old blog i think which is linked up in my profile still)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going to be a hard one. I don't think i can find a video of a left handed craps player. I got some rolling dice though. Maybe we can just put a neat image in the top area of this one? I think I can change the color of the dice but silver is a hard color to do as you need shine to it and small images like this are hard to put shine into. If you like these dice I will try to get them the right color. I don't know what more to do really I am stuck. Let me know if you have an idea what to add or if these dice are ok. If we ever do get it right it will be free btw. Feels like work if I get paid. Thanks for the offer though.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I should have followed my own advice long ago.

Earth rising over the surface of the Moon as seen from Apollo 10

The truly spectacular image comes right at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the camera shake so I made a fake one.

Not sure I like this either were any of these close to what you wanted?
Old 08-05-2006, 05:20 AM

stuey

when I try to use one of the gifs from the gifdump site,
lets just say they have a creative sense of humor b/c they replace my selected gif with a very interesting one that I
DID NOT select, I would like a cool avatar too, any suggestions? (site that hotlinks, custom Ideas etc.)
Old 08-05-2006, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pimp my avatar plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-05-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stuey

when I try to use one of the gifs from the gifdump site,
lets just say they have a creative sense of humor b/c they replace my selected gif with a very interesting one that I
DID NOT select, I would like a cool avatar too, any suggestions? (site that hotlinks, custom Ideas etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to save the .gif to your hard drive and then rehost it at a place like photobucket or imageshack. I will make you one but I am trying to do them in some type of order so you are kinda at the end of the line atm but I will get around to is someday.

Want this?

info about rehosting images for avatar use
Old 08-05-2006, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Amazing thread. I was just wondering today how people get these awesome avatars.

I've got a request if anyone could get to it.
I would love to have a Big Lebowski avatar. Either 0:42 - 0:47 or 0:57 to about 1:04 from here would be amazing. But anything from the film would rock.

youtube link

[/ QUOTE ]

I used Borodog's idea about bouncing the frames to make it smoother in the first one. It really helped than's Boro. And dukesucks nice work on that last avatar I broke the silly 100kb size rule on one of these. Who is the jerk that thought up that rule. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Seriously it is just a size I strive get close to don't let it limit what you are trying to do. Keep up the good work we will catch up to the requests someday. Thanks for being patient people if we skipped you it was becasue yours was a hard one and we will come back to it once we get the straight forward ones done or we are in the mood for a challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuey - you truly are the man. These rock!! I just spent the last hour staring at the screen trying to decide which one to use. Right now I'm going with this one but that's subject to change.

Once again - you frickin' rock and thanks so much for putting these together.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:08 AM

Could I have an awesome avatar too please?
Old 08-05-2006, 10:41 AM

cna I have one PLEASE YOUR DA MAN