Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 AM

Default Re: losing poker players

After 320 hands at 25-50 I am losing at ~8BB/100....hope that helped....
Old 03-13-2006, 10:59 AM

Playing 11 months.
Online down $1,100.
Was as low as $3 online and have worked that back up to $325.
Live play up $900.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:41 AM

I'm a losing player. I've been learning seriously for about 5 months, playing for a little over a year altogether.

I began with a $50 deposit on Stars, which I lost real quickly because I basically had no clue what I was doing.
A few months later, I deposited $50 on a Prima Poker skin and tripled it to $150 at $5 sng tourneys until I eventually tried to play outside my bankroll and lost that too.
Now I'm playing on Party with the $50 from one of those instant bankroll sites, and I'm just shy of $100. I hope this is where it really begins for me- I don't want to deposit again. 2+2 has been helping my game immensely.
Also, I've been playing a $5 live tourney every other night for the past few months and I'm down probably a few hundred from that.

So yeah. I'm a losing player, but like the other guy said I consider myself to be learning more than anything else right now and fully intend to make back everything I've lost thus far.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:02 PM

I'm up $0.01 lifetime, therefore I'm a winning player [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've never deposited money to online sites. I've won some money in freerolls in 2005 and then lost it all in cash games and micro MTTs and SNGs.

I'm left with 1 cent in my account...
Old 03-13-2006, 01:04 PM

Well, I'm not a losing player so far. But I've only been playing online since April 1st (what I like to say is an appropriate date to start) of last year which makes 11 months. And, as some of the guys in the Micro forum would say, the sample size is too small. I've have 20,000 hands each in both .25/.50 and .50/100 and my win rate in those levels are both 4+/100. But my try at 1/2 has been a roller coaster and my win rate after 13,500 hands is a paltry .65/100. I've had some downswings in 1/2 in which I've had some bad beats but I have also been outlplayed some and have made some stupid mistakes. But I'm still learning and I'll eventually beat it. Right, now pyschologically, I don't feel like a winning player in $1/2.

Doc
Old 03-13-2006, 01:24 PM

My situation's complicated.

I would say that I'm a slightly losing player. However, I've gone from a $700 deposit to around $2500...mostly through bonuses.

My pokertracker stats show me being in positive figures as far as cash goes, but in negative figures by bb/100. I attribute this to some lousy playing in the >$.50/$1 games, but some relatively good wins at $2/$4.

I'm missing about 6000 hands because I couldn't import my hand histories from certain sites, and all of those were $2/$4. I have a feeling I'm a slight loser during those hands, which would make me a slight loser all around.

But I'm up monetarily.

So there.

Edited to add: I also only have 20,000 played hands on record, and I only have one hot streak within those hands. I have had some ungodly cold spells, though. So while I can't say for sure, I don't think my cards have run particularly hot, which also makes things difficult to judge.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:38 PM

Started $ play 6 July 05…

To date:

Minus $3,136.73 – 75 % online

(3) relatively substantial B&M tournaments – all finished just out of the money. No live ring play.

Minus $3,843.33 – direct poker-related expenses (less travel)

Settled into the ST $50 SnGs (Party & Stars – one screen at a time), plus occasional big, weekend MTT and major event qualifiers, where I customarily finish tantalizingly close to pay dirt.

After (93) $50 SnGs – ITM 37 %
ROI <10 %>
$HR <8.39>

65 % of my play is concentrated around the bubble

Only 15 % of my play has produced a first or a second

Most of my earlier play was just an attempt to find my place – which site(s), what level, cash or tournament, limit or no-limit, full table or short-handed.

I’ve spent at least four hours reading, studying and analyzing for every hour of play. Probably more. Don’t suppose I’ve played an average of more than 200 hands a day. I continue to improve and log more play and will reassess after a full first year.

It takes three years to do anything.

Comments, criticisms, suggestions welcome…
Old 03-13-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do i get the feeling this post won't be too popular here?

[/ QUOTE ]

that probably explains the several phantom accounts created to post in this thread.

tripdad
Old 03-13-2006, 06:39 PM

I only play home tournaments for $10 buy-ins per. I've been playing for a year and a half on my original $50 investment. I keep all my winnings in a jar--I don't take $ out and haven't yet had to put $ in. I think it has $60 in it right now. That's about as break even as you can get--but let's just say that 6 months ago there was a lot more than $60 in my poker jar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do i get the feeling this post won't be too popular here?

[/ QUOTE ]

that probably explains the several phantom accounts created to post in this thread.

tripdad

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the vast majority of the people in this thread with under 10 posts are lurkers or non regulars. To the OP, im a loser in 30/60 and 50/100.