Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Any more info on Jean-Robert Ballande being on the next Survivor

I know this was a hot rumor a few months back. Has anyone heard anything for sure?

I know they typically tape the fall season in the months of June and July. Was he at the WSOP the full time? If so, that would dispel the rumors.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Any more info on Jean-Robert Ballande being on the next Survivor

[ QUOTE ]
I know this was a hot rumor a few months back. Has anyone heard anything for sure?

I know they typically tape the fall season in the months of June and July. Was he at the WSOP the full time? If so, that would dispel the rumors.

[/ QUOTE ]

He missed the main event and a bunch of the events leading up to it. He will be (was) on Survivor.

There was a rumor floating around that he had lost, but had to remain with the survivor crew until the show had completed. I don't know if that was true or just speculation. That part doesn't make sense to me, because he would still get back to the US before the show aired, unless there is some kind of air-tight contract that prevents the contestants from talking at all.

Have the results of previous survivors leaked out before the shows aired? Or have they always been successfully kept out of the media?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 AM

haha bobby's gonna get in trouble
Old 07-30-2007, 09:56 AM

They have always been successfully kept out of the media I think every season, I've never heard about it leaking anyway. What happens is that they're on some island and the people who get kicked off are sequestered in a nearby hotel or resort or whatever for the duration of filming. So all the cast members would return to the US at the same time, which is a couple of months before the show airs. And yes, there are completely air-tight contracts to stop people from discussing the results, you'd think that someone would have leaked something by now, but from everything I know it hasn't happened yet, so the Survivor people must be doing something right and imposing big penalities on anyone who yaks. Well part of that may be that like 90% on that show, like most "reality" shows, are aspiring actors anyway and aren't there to ruffle feathers, they're there to stand where they are supposed to stand, say "GAME ON" when they're supposed to, and it's basically just a joke.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:44 AM

yeah, there is a huge liability in their contracts if they talk.

Results have leaked from locals or people finding the site and describing the people voted off, into the hotel. I know it happened for allstars - but all the players that time had previously been seen.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:51 AM

It has never leaked as far as I know. The fact they divulge the winner live, after the finale, makes it impossible to leak who has won.

Survivor is the reality show everyone has tried to copy for years now, and none of those show are as good imo.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I haven't watched since the first season, but there is no way I'm missing this.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has never leaked as far as I know. The fact they divulge the winner live, after the finale, makes it impossible to leak who has won.

Survivor is the reality show everyone has tried to copy for years now, and none of those show are as good imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

the order was released, but yes, the winner was not.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:42 PM

yea well usually you can pretty much figure out who will win when it gets down to the final 8 or so. Because every single season they never vote out the strongest player and instead just let that person run the whole show and then win. (see last 2 winners for good examples)
Old 07-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Mods should really take this thread down, he told me in Vegas he could get in a lot of trouble for this