Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Tough Spot w/ QQ in Blinds (10/20)

Also,

This guy has 22 posts in almost a year, and some of you bash him when he makes a strat post? The hand may not be the most interesting, but he is obviously trying to learn cash games.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also,

This guy has 22 posts in almost a year, and some of you bash him when he makes a strat post? The hand may not be the most interesting, but he is obviously trying to learn cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe its because people who have 22 posts and who don't regularly play high stakes aren't supposed to post in HSNL- and when they do, they are expected to post hands that don't suck, and not spazz out and retaliate when people critisize their play. This type of post is way too frequent nowadays. Where did the forum we all learned to play 22/17 from go? lol

srsly

-Jeff
Old 06-06-2007, 09:59 PM

He didn't spaz out...and nobody just "critisized" his play, they made stupid comments about how lame the hand is, blah blah.

If you think it's so standard...just type in, "standard, fold"...or whatever the hell you think.

After one or two replies like that, the thread will die down and perhaps OP may think twice about posting certain hands again.

It's a 10/20 hand, it's the HSNL forum, he has a question...where would you suggest he posts it?

I'm off now to put some gel in my thick head of hair...
Old 06-06-2007, 10:01 PM

I'm happy for the villain that he makes this play with bottom pair. With that said, I'd fold here. Your check on the turn allows him to represent the Ace. Does he have it? Who knows? (well we do know, but results aside...) I think QQ with 2 overs out there is too marginal to continue without position on the villain. If this were HU, I'd see a strong argument for continuing, but 6 way, I think this is a fold.

As one poster said, He can easily float the flop with any Ace. If he is as bad as you say he is, then I would expect him to do exactly that much of the time. Your check on the turn allows him to represent it, whether he has it or not, and now you're left guessing...

Regardless of the results posted, I still think this is a fold in your situation.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also,

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe its because people who have 22 posts and who don't regularly play high stakes aren't supposed to post in HSNL- and when they do, they are expected to post hands that don't suck, and not spazz out and retaliate when people critisize their play. This type of post is way too frequent nowadays. Where did the forum we all learned to play 22/17 from go? lol

srsly

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Or because I just got turned onto the 2+2 forums lately, but I mostly do more reading than posting.

And I don't necessarily think I'm a "high stakes" noob per se. I started 5/10 NL last summer and have done extremely well in the game since. I have since had successful stays at 10/20 and am up a little in 25/50, tho that game is a bit much for me to stomach, so I generally am trying to stick to 5/10 and 10/20. I def didn't just start yesterday tho.

Finally, if this hand isn't to your liking, you don't have to respond. It's not like there's a gun to your head. Just move on to a topic that you feel is more suitable to your expertise. If this particular hand isn't your idea of HSNL material, then just keep your mouth shut and don't respond. You accomplish nothing by pointing out that a certain hand isn't up to your standards. If you don't like it, just don't say anything.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:33 PM

well this hand is normally easy

i think checking the turn here is bad, he called the flop, he may peel with ace high but yours could be better and get him in trouble

i fire this turn card and see how he responds, thats how most good players will play this and it will push out some medium kings and get weak hands to fold

by checking u leave yourself completely clueless and play the hand like a microstakes player
Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well this hand is normally easy

i think checking the turn here is bad, he called the flop, he may peel with ace high but yours could be better and get him in trouble

i fire this turn card and see how he responds, thats how most good players will play this and it will push out some medium kings and get weak hands to fold

by checking u leave yourself completely clueless and play the hand like a microstakes player

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are now bluffing with QQ?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did the forum we all learned to play 22/17 from go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Broke?

--creed, nit
Old 06-07-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ZING!

OP, don't listen to them. This might seem standard to some players, but it gave you problems so you posted it here. This is the whole point of the forum. They guys who are giving you a hard time about this hand are jerks.

I would fire again on the turn. I think it will fold the majority of kings. Villain might have called with
77 thinking that you had AQ, AJ, etc. Fire again, if you check you are giving him a chance to take it away from you. If he calls the turn, then I check-fold the river usually

It is a little dependant on how often you have been raising the sb as well and the dynamic you have been having with previous BB vs SB hands.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ZING!

OP, don't listen to them. This might seem standard to some players, but it gave you problems so you posted it here. This is the whole point of the forum. They guys who are giving you a hard time about this hand are jerks.

I would fire again on the turn. I think it will fold the majority of kings. Villain might have called with
77 thinking that you had AQ, AJ, etc. Fire again, if you check you are giving him a chance to take it away from you. If he calls the turn, then I check-fold the river usually

It is a little dependant on how often you have been raising the sb as well and the dynamic you have been having with previous BB vs SB hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because someone bets or checks or calls, it doesn't change the cards in their hand. I think betting the turn is a mistake. We are now betting turn as a bluff against two overs oop against a dumb player? That is dumb. Check/fold as a standard line on the turn, or check call if you think you have a read on bet sizing. Firing the turn again turns QQ into nothing. You have second and a half pair (I just made that up). If you had 67 here i dont think you ever bet again. Treat it like 67 and play from there.