Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Keep your head up

Yesterday, the VT tragedy really got me down. I feel terrible for everyone who was involved in and near the horrific event. The whole day yesterday, I was just in a blah mood and kind of down.

When I woke up this afternoon, I saw my phone blinking ( which means it had a voicemail.) Now the vast majority of my friends are text fiends ( even my parents ) so voicemails are very rare. I get up to check my phone, and I see that I have 4 voicemails. Right when i opened up the phone and saw that I had 4 voicemails, I knew something wasen't right.

Part of me didn't even want to listen to the messages. I kind of just wanted to throw my phone in the corner and listen to them later. But instead I typed in my password and awaited the messages.

My thoughts went from bad to worse when I heard one of my best friend in tears on the first message. I sat down on my bed and just took it all in. At the end of the first message I just stiared at my wall for a few minutes while the voicemail operator kept on asking me what I wanted to do to the message.

One of my best friends that i've known since 5th grade died in a car accident last night.

I somehow listened to the other messages all relating the same topic. Then I closed my phone, set it down, and just layed on my bed. I looked at the ceiling and just thought about the past with Justin.

I met Justin in middle school, and have been so close to him ever since. We were always very close until we started to goto different colleges. We would talk on aim/ visit every now and then and always chill in the summer.

As I lie there just thinking on my bed. I realized that I'll never get to say goodbye, he will never be back, and things will never be the same. After that I just kept on thinking about why we were such good friends. He was always so positive and happy. He was just a great person to be around, and he was truly a peoples person. And I don't know if this sounds weird. But I know that Justin would hate to see me down. Because he was always positive and helpful.

So I'm doing what I think is right. I am going to try as hard as I can to just be happy and remember the good times we had, and the brotherly love we had for each other.

So this is for you, and you and hopefully everyone.

-Keep your head up VT community, if you are going through hell then keep on going. I feel for you guys so much and wish you the best of luck.

-Congrats to those who are graduating from college this semester. You did it, and now you have a vast world in front of you, congrats.

-For all the high schoolers/college students who are going home for the summer. Live it up. See your best friends. See your old friends. See your family. Nothing in life lasts forever, cherish what you value.

-DDY baby. I pray for a safe birth and a healthy life. My wishes and congratulations for the ddy family.

-All the grinders - I know a few people IRL that truly grind it out. Especially you A. I know things have been tough for some of you, but you will make it through.

-Justin, I will always miss you, but always remember you. You were like my brother and I mean that. You were a true person and you made my life better. Thank you for everything, RIP I LOVE YOU

I dunno why I'm even posting this. Just to get thins off my chest. But also to try to let others that..

The past is solid. The present is liquid. And the future is whatever you make it.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Keep your head up

jesus man, that's rough. sorry for your loss.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:53 PM

I lost a good friend senior year of high school. A real cool guy, fun-loving, popular, sporty. He died when his mom drove their van off the freeway, striking a tree and exploding the car immediately.

I'm sorry for your loss, I've been there.

As for the VT incident, it hit me very hard. I don't why it took such a personal toll on me, but it did. I was in a state of shock/depression for the better part of the day yesterday.

Best wishes to the VT community. Thanks ipot
Old 04-17-2007, 03:00 PM

i'm sorry for ur loss, i hope u get through this OK man...
Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 PM

This is really [censored] man. Something similar happened a couple of years ago. Just stick around people who are going through the same thing and help each other out - you'll get through it together.

Probably lay off the blazing for a bit too - one of my friends who was going through it at the same time kinda lost it due to trying to blaze his way through it.

Nice post, anyway. You seem like you have your head screwed on straight.

Best wishes, and keep spreading your positivity to those who need it right now.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:05 PM

About to go to the market buy the best steak i can find. grill it and drink a brew on the front porch.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The past is solid. The present is liquid. And the future is whatever you make it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About to go to the market buy the best steak i can find. grill it and drink a brew on the front porch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to an actual butcher and buy a steak if you can. Esp if you have a kosher butcher close by. You won't regret it.

And I'm very sorry for your loss, ipot. Keep your chin up.

PS: TY for the well-wishes in this thread. It is much appreciated.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:08 PM

Very sorry, that [censored] awful

Glad to see you're moving forth with a positive attitude
Old 04-17-2007, 03:08 PM

When you think about your friend, try your hardest to think about him as he was alive, not the fact that he is gone. Always remember his positive message and instill that on other people. You seem to be handling this very well; thanks for the post.