Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you want a Harrington on Hold'em Book Series Study Group?
yes 37 88.10%
no 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Penn State or University of Miami

[ QUOTE ]
Nineteen residence halls are reserved exclusively for first-year students in East, South, and Pollock Halls. First-year students assigned to other residence halls will live near the other first-year students on their floor. Each first-year student will be assigned to room with another first-year student.

[/ QUOTE ]

Socially, would it be better to choose South or Pollock over West since they have halls exclusively for freshman?
Old 02-07-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nineteen residence halls are reserved exclusively for first-year students in East, South, and Pollock Halls. First-year students assigned to other residence halls will live near the other first-year students on their floor. Each first-year student will be assigned to room with another first-year student.

[/ QUOTE ]

Socially, would it be better to choose South or Pollock over West since they have halls exclusively for freshman?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because there are people in the same boat that you can relate to.

I'm still a fan of West, but that's just me.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:52 AM

i lived in East Halls (Stuart) years 1 and 2, and Mifflin Hall (Pollock) year 3. East Halls is a hike from downtown, everything, but has an atmosphere of its own. Huge groups of freshman walking from there to frat. row to party. Shouldn't be hard to meet anyone.

I liked Mifflin also. The dorms i was in looked like prison cells though. Good times
Old 02-08-2007, 06:45 PM

My brother just graduated from Penn State and loved it there. He was an engineering major, so I didn't hear much from him about the business school.

He pledged a frat during his first year and lived at the frat house for soph and jr years. I don't remember the dorm he lived in during freshman year, but I want to say Pollack. I do remember him complaining about being stuck on a floor at his dorm of all engineering majors. Socially, he had ridiculous amounts of fun with frat brothers. Plenty of parties, drinking, hot girls, etc., and of course the Nittany Lions. He has so many crazy and hilarious stories from all of that.

Academically, you can't go wrong with a Big Ten school, but maybe I'm biased. (I went to U of Illinois like Taylor.)

PSU is in the mountains, so you'll get plenty of cold and snow in the winter.

If PSU and Miami are roughly the same academics wise, I would go the cheapter route (PSU). Don't know how you are financing your way through school, but my brother and I both had to borrow our way and will be paying off hefty loans for a while (more so in my case since I went out of state). Don't forget that there are other costs besides tuition like books, rent, food, parking fees... adds up quickly.

In summary, I would save Miami for vacationing. With a degree from PSU, you'll get a good paying job and no time and will easily be able to afford it.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 AM

big mistake dude

girls don't wear bikini tops to class at penn state

miami was great for me as I saw a different hottie every day, and saw her again every day for a semester, plus a new hottie.