Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you want a Harrington on Hold'em Book Series Study Group?
yes 37 88.10%
no 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Penn State or University of Miami

So far is 63/37 PSU/UM. Could any of the people that voted for Miami tell me why?

I'm a little worried that living in State College will make me feel isolated from the rest of the world.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at PSU having 6500 freshman...im pretty sure its closer to 11,000....as for the bandwith thing, yeah there is a limit but it is insanely high and should never be a problem really, hasnt been for me. We party hard and yeah as youve already stated football games/tailgating are as good as it gets. campus is amazing. cold weather sucks but im from PA anyway so its nothing new. I need to find these poker games! all ive seen is gay .25-.50nl and 1/1nl anyone know where i can find the bigger games?

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't find any bigger games at East Halls? Last semester they were spreading at least 1-2 every night.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:51 PM

yeah that died down for whatever reason...just mostly the .25-.50 and 1/1 these days. They mightve played 1/2 like twice. Im referring to the game in the commons game room (assuming thats what you mean too). There might be some games going on in the dorms that i dont know about
Old 01-24-2007, 06:44 PM

I go to Penn State, it's awesome, State College is a fine city, not huge but plenty to do.

It's only once you head outside the city you realize you're in the middle of nowhere.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:17 PM

penn state

i think you have answered it for yourself by laying out the pros/cons of each school

of course as always it depends on what you are looking for and what your priorities are but if you think further down the line -> penn state
Old 01-24-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah that died down for whatever reason...just mostly the .25-.50 and 1/1 these days. They mightve played 1/2 like twice. Im referring to the game in the commons game room (assuming thats what you mean too). There might be some games going on in the dorms that i dont know about

[/ QUOTE ]

go to the game room, play whatever stakes, and ask the players. I know several of the guys who play there are always looking for higher stakes, and they prolly would be the guys to ask.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:31 PM

I went to East Halls once before and wasn't fond of it.

Maybe I'm just sick of everybody playing just NLHE.

I'm surprised that so many people from 2+2 attend PSU. If I had transportation and good connections, I'd find some way to set up some mixed games home game (dealer's choice, whatever).

I'll be at Eastview Terrace next fall. Hopefully, I can not be anti-social and get something going.

Oh and if you are low on cash, most bars in the area holds NLHE freerolls. It's pretty much a luckfest and the payout is smallish and really steep, but it's short fun.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:17 PM

Wow, I didn't realize how big the poker scene was at PSU. Would it be hard to find 5/10+ games going?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:55 PM

def miamia know people at both been to miami its alot of northeast and cali kids from who i met that most of them have some money but its a sick place, their football team will be better next year probably too. Also from the ppl i know at penn states a ton of kids from penn go there from high school and stuff together
Old 01-25-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I didn't realize how big the poker scene was at PSU. Would it be hard to find 5/10+ games going?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the games I've played at are either freezeouts or 1/2.

I'm sure that some 5/10+ exist, but I don't think it's that plentiful. here probably aren't enough fish there to make playing 5/10 profitable.