Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

Does anyone see a reason to show $30.00/$40.00 rather than showing $30/$40? Let me know what you think and I will make the change if people agree.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:10 AM

just me, or is busted now.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:47 AM

Is runing fine for me.

After looking at the SB again I see that they are chopping off the decimal places I will go ahead and do the same.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone see a reason to show $30.00/$40.00 rather than showing $30/$40? Let me know what you think and I will make the change if people agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just me, or is busted now.

[/ QUOTE ]

My full tilt buddy list is showing correctly what site are you having issues with?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:01 AM

For me it's in how the information is displayed. The added filters are nice, but I've got over 300 buddies in my list. There are some games that are too big for my bankroll, no matter what (say, $3/$6), and some limits which are too low, no matter what (.10/.20) I'm also "appropriately" bankrolled for a certain limit ($1/$2), which is where I want to focus.

Right now, I have to manually scan the lists to find out which buddies are sitting at $1/$2 tables. I'd like to be able to display all buddies sitting at $1/$2 tables, and have them displayed together. In fact, I'd like to be able to do this with all types of games.

The new filters are useful, but the parameters are too broad. I play at most two limits at a time, so a "mid-limit" category doesn't work too well for me, since I get limits in there that I'm not inclined to play, regardless of who is sitting at the table. I'm a BR nit.

When I'm playing six tables online, I find myself scanning my list every time it updates with new players to see which tables they are sitting at. This scan-time takes away from my decision-making time at the table. It would be MUCH better if my buddies were announced when they were playing in games that I'm interested in, and displayed in an area with other buddies who are playing that limit. Maybe with some kind of marker signifying a buddy who just sat down - see my "time at tables" suggestion earlier in this thread.

I started with this software by making different buddy groups, based on limits that they played, to try to get the effect I've been looking for - but my buddies drop down to unplayable limits for me far too often for me to spend a bunch of time moving people around in these different lists, and the gui is a bit clunky for moving people around. I have at most around 9 seconds before pokerstars steals focus away from SB, and I have to start over.

I suppose my main gripe is that SB is too difficult to actually use with a large list while playing. At the very least, it takes away from the time I normally spend making decisions, because it requires constant attention. If I don't pay attention to it constantly, then I might as well not even be using it. Today, while offline (internet connection was down), I discovered that I could not work on my lists at all.

Group buddies together via exact matches on games. I have over 300 buddies on my list. Right now, to get to players who I might be interested in playing, I have to have selected micro-limit (.25/.50 and lower), low-limit (only .5/1??), and mid-limit(1/2 and up to something under 5/10). I've got 8 buddies playing at 8 different tables, most of them at different limits/formats. Wait, two new people just logged in.

Who was that in the first notification screen that was quickly overlapped by the other while I was check-raising the nuts on one table? Better scan my list to see if I can "figure out" who it was. I'll don't look now, I might get caught up playing poker and forget about a potentially juicy target. OK, it might have been that guy, let's open his table to make sure. Action to me, oh, I had the nut straight on the turn, I can raise here. OK, that guy is on the table, but there's a 9 player waiting list. They re-raised, OK, I cap it. What? I didn't notice the board paired giving that guy a potential boat. If only I didn't have to maintain my list *while* playing!

OK, an exaggeration, but hopefully I've made my point. To re-iterate. I want SB to notify me when a buddy who is playing a specific limit logs in, not from a pre-determined "group" of limits. I want to be able to glance over at this screen and see this player's name highlighted (as a new player at the table) amongst all the other fish who are playing the same limit and structure, and have it remain so for a reasonable amount of time.

-----------

Right now, with the filters I've got set up, I don't notice that there's a particularly bad player who normally plays a .5/1 full ring playing at $5/$10 6-max right now. While I might not play with this guy in this game, having him listed amongst all my other $5/$10 buddies (I wish) will tell me more about his state of mind. It also allows me to track buddies better by limit. I expect this buddy to be back at .02/.04 very soon.

That's it so far. Main complaint is that the software requires too much "maintenance" to use, and is really only effective to use while playing poker. There's a conflict there. I like my software to run quietly in the background and not require me to monitor it and scan through long lists repeatedly.

Meet with my demands, or I will destroy your homeworld.

Cheers,
EGO
Old 08-03-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

v1.0.27.0 now includes some of the functionality I was describing.

I'll take my finger off the button now. Your immenent destruction has been averted.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

v1.0.27.0 now includes some of the functionality I was describing.

I'll take my finger off the button now. Your immenent destruction has been averted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can now filter based on any stakes you want. Thank you for the post, it was helpful.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:04 PM

Two minor issue with the new limit filter.

1 SB list UB limit tables by the blinds(for example 2/4 limit holdem is listed as 1/2). All the other sites that I use list them by the limit. Can we get this uniform.

2 Would like an options to set seperate filters for limit and NL/PL.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:10 PM

I will take a look at the filters and see what we can do.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:46 AM

I think the product is getting better and better with every release. Existing filters made life a lot easier and the product in general even more useful. One feature that I would love to have is the ability to manipulate my buddy lists while working on them offline.