Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: The IOWA FARMLAND rush continues on...........

So Barron, you disagreeing or agreeing? Cause I don't see ethanol being a winning choice here. If anyone is going top bring forth a new source of fuel, its going to be the gas/oil companies. They have the resources/capital and incentive to make a realistic alternative for obvious reasons.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Barron, you disagreeing or agreeing? Cause I don't see ethanol being a winning choice here. If anyone is going top bring forth a new source of fuel, its going to be the gas/oil companies. They have the resources/capital and incentive to make a realistic alternative for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never dug deep into this. supply demand is THE factor. i don't know [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] is the best i can do at this point.

i do know though that brazil used to do nothing but import oil&gas and now is completely independent (and exports fuel) so ethanol is possible.

trust me, if oil became seriously hard to come by, we'd leave the sugar lobby out to dry right quick when push came to shove.

Barron
Old 07-11-2007, 07:32 AM

High oil prices will certainly aid the ethanol industry......

However, even with moderately stable crude prices(50-60 a barrel), ETHANOL is still going to become more and more popular in the next decade and WE ARE NOW JUST COMING INTO THE GROWTH PHASE.

If one witnessed the ALL-STAR game last evening one witnessed a CHEVY commercial promoting their new E-85 flex fuel vehicle(Ichiro actually one one for MVP) and with the commercial promoted the usage of corn as the basis for this fuel.

NOW, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, ethanol will be mass produced by other plants other than CORN 5+ years from now that will disperse CORN as the #1 plant used to produce ethanol. However, until that time(and what this thread was originally about), IOWA FARMLAND will continue to rise in value because the state is massive corn producer and more importantly, the state is the leader in ethanol plants.

At the current time I believe Iowa farmland to be a sound investment for the next 9-12 months.

-FH-
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

The gas/oil companies are not going to bring forth a new "fuel".

Please, please understand, ethanol usage is set to increase every year over the next 10-15 years at the very least........this is practically a given.

-FH-
Old 07-12-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Please, please understand, ethanol usage is set to increase every year over the next 10-15 years at the very least........this is practically a given.

-FH-

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL fishhead you crack me up. So you are suggesting that a trillion dollar (yes I said trillion) business is simply going to close up shop when oil runs out and tell their share holders "thanks guys for the great run!"? In addition, car companies are already creating cars that compete or exceed mpg vs. "green friendly" cars run on fuel cells or alternative fuels. Were these advancements just recent developments by the auto industry??? Or does big business take advantage of what they can as they should since we live in a free market. Same goes for big oil....when we run out of oil they will have "discovered" a new alternative!!!! IN A FILING CABINET IN THE BASEMENT LOL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

-FH-

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL fishhead you crack me up. So you are suggesting that a trillion dollar (yes I said trillion) business is simply going to close up shop when oil runs out and tell their share holders "thanks guys for the great run!"? In addition, car companies are already creating cars that compete or exceed mpg vs. "green friendly" cars run on fuel cells or alternative fuels. Were these advancements just recent developments by the auto industry??? Or does big business take advantage of what they can as they should since we live in a free market. Same goes for big oil....when we run out of oil they will have "discovered" a new alternative!!!! IN A FILING CABINET IN THE BASEMENT LOL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

However, ethanol usage will increase dramatically over the next few years.........ethanol that is produced here on the homeland.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:32 AM

WOW!

Huge news concerning midwest farmland just confirmed on CNBC SQUAWK BOX.

The one and only Bill Gates has been buying Illinois farmland. The piece stated that he's purchased $14M worth since 2006!!

I personally find this to be very good news for the midwest farmland investor.

-FH-
Old 07-13-2007, 10:49 AM

Haha as soon as I heard that this morning I knew it was going to be posted in this thread. I do happen to think its a lot more relevant that hedge funds are buying up land over Bill Gates, I dont think he has any special insight into real estate investing.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha as soon as I heard that this morning I knew it was going to be posted in this thread. I do happen to think its a lot more relevant that hedge funds are buying up land over Bill Gates, I dont think he has any special insight into real estate investing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]......lol!

Agree, the hedge funds are definetly more significant. However, knew they have been gobbling up Iowa land for a few years but had no idea Bill Gates was an investor of farmland also but it only makes sense considering his involvement in being pro-ethanol.

Now keep in mind, as much as I like this investment currently, believe that as we approach the year 2010 we could see a bubble as more and more ethanol will begin the early stages of being produced by NON-CORN plants. However, as much as the farmland as already increased in value over the past five years, believe we are going to see significant gains in the next 12-24 months as the country becomes more and more aware of ethanol and its main origin at this time........IOWA.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 PM

OIL surging towards $80!