Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2007, 07:18 AM

Default Psychological Issue to BR Management

Third time I'm re-writing this. I wasn't happy with what I'd written on the previous two occasions so here goes. My problem is that I can NEVER step away from the tables when running bad. It's so bad that I'll keep playing to a point where I actually reach 10-15BI downswings in a weekend at $200 6-max/HU. I read blogs where $200 players are ready to jump off a cliff if they lose $800-$1,000. I don't feel this hurt initially but then the realisation sets in that I've lost a decent chunk of change and I hate that.

I am not getting this feeling SOON enough and the hurt only sets in when I've left the tables. I implement a 50+ BI BR requirement. Nitty I know but I've got my reasons i.e. going butso twice.

However, I'm inconclusive as to whether that's now having a negative impact on my psychological approach/difference to how I play my regular $200 games vs. when I take shots at $400. Yes, I'm now lapsing in my own BR requirements and taking shots at $400 and with success might I add.

Should I seriously reconsider a change in BR requirements?
Are stop-leave strategies good when having a bad session?
If so, how would I, given that I find it impossible to leave when running badly, implement it?

I suppose it's a simple question that will beckon a simple answer to what is a serious problem for me. I just need reassurance on what is the best approach from here. I've got about 30BIs for $400 games right now FWIW and FYI.

In short, losing needs to hurt a lot more and I want to play my A-Game a lot more often.