Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Fashions you love/hate

Okay, looks to me there's a mini 60s revival going on in my part of the world. This morning travelling to work I saw no less than 4 different girls with stuff like lots of mascara, bright pink lipstick, ski pants, bob haircuts. Now, I dig this look way more than the pervasive grungy look that seems entrenched in the teens/twentysomethings, so I am happy.

Alternatively, I saw some tool wearing a baseball cap backwards at work yesterday. At work! And I'm talking a technical person, not the janitor. Ugh. I think he was Danish tho.

This is in England, btw.

Wondered what fashions exist in your part of the world, and what is good/bad/ugly there?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

I love 60's fashions! I'm talking about women's fashions. I've been trying to find some good examples of the types of shirts and dresses that I love that have a 60's look but I'm running out of time. I will try to post some maybe at lunch.

What do you guys and girls think of this style top for women (not for teenagers)? Do we like?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:29 AM

The first one is very unflattering. The second somewhat less so, but I'm still not a fan of this style in general. I call them maternity shirts.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first one is very unflattering. The second somewhat less so, but I'm still not a fan of this style in general. I call them maternity shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] CRAP.

What about this one? Hate it too?

Old 06-15-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like this would only work on a very young girl. They just look hyper-casual, like something you would wear while doing the laundry or household chores. Just shapeless and if they could be said to have a character, it would be "indifferent to making my owner look good or like she even wants to try."
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 PM

Blarg,

I'm going to ignore your "frumpy housedress" comment and continue on, pretending I'm not wounded.

These are $229.99

Old 06-16-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like all the outfits. But I think they're colored wrong. The first one would look much better with white instead of gray, and the third one would look much better with a summerish yellow or something.

[ QUOTE ]
I walk around Yale for a little exercise after lunch every day. One thing that bugs me is how many of these kids wear flip-flops everywhere. There are even some students temping in my building who wear them to work! WTF?!?!

When did these things become appropriate everyday footwear? Look, if I can see your toenails, you better be at the beach, or a chick in open toed shoes...

Leave the flip flops at home...

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree 100%. People wearing flip flops anywhere but on the beach should be shot :/
Old 06-15-2007, 04:30 PM

Katie, your first pic shows how easily those tops degenerate into looking like frumpy housedresses. The dull color just rubs it in. Everything about this blouse says frump and does nothing to improve the girl wearing it.

I think this kind of blouse is hard to pull off well. The second pic looks SO much better because it is cut tighter and has a vibrant color.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:20 AM

Empire wastelines = "So when is the baby due? Oh, you aren't pregnant? Maybe you shouldn't trick people by wearing maternity clothes."

I hate that [censored]. So ugly.

Saw a dude the other day wearing capri pants. Not a good look.

Tight jeans + short shirt + chubby = muffin top. Not attractive.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:26 AM

I definitely hate the maternity clothing, and I hate sandals across the board.

A good way to ask yourself if something looks good is if it'll still look good in 20 years. If the answer is no, then it sucks.