Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: dear lebron james,

[ QUOTE ]
Craig Sagar's whole schtick is the crazy suit thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems Chris Spielman takes that angle too...accept crazy tie too.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, sue me because I like the Devil Rays, Diamondbacks, Indians, and Athletics. Hoo boy.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW I like those teams, but for me it will always be
Jays>>>>>>>>>all of the above unless I go busto in the next week and need the Tribe to win the ALCS so I can have like $600.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is a Bulls, Yankees, and a Cowboys fan and grew up in the 90's. How is he not a Front-runner.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst part is that the Indians went to 2 WS in the 90s and had some great teams. How the [censored] can you not be a tribe fan in the area? A pass on the Browns during that time frame at his age is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

lebron grew up just a short drive from cleveland. it's the ultimate kick in the teeth to long suffering cleveland fans.

to me it's positively sickening. brainless move. it's one thing to root for them but keep it quiet and don't wear the darn hat.

what really stings is that it's the yankees. it'd be different if it was like the rangers or mariners for some random reason
Old 10-05-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, sue me because I like the Devil Rays, Diamondbacks, Indians, and Athletics. Hoo boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, to me liking different teams is just part of being a fan of the game. you like them because of the way they are run, or the team culture, or because they have a likable mix of young talent, whatever. that's just good sports. i like a lot of teams.

teams you are a FAN of, you like regardless of all that stuff. you are irrationally and stupidly invested in them even though you think you are too smart for such things.

to me, i'm not a 'fan' of a team because i like how they're run or have a fetish for small market underdogs with GMs who could pick bill james out of a lineup. to me that's just bandwagoning by a different set of criteria.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW I like those teams, but for me it will always be
Jays>>>>>>>>>all of the above unless I go busto in the next week and need the Tribe to win the ALCS so I can have like $600.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes for me it is

Indians >>>>>>>>> all of the above.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to me, i'm not a 'fan' of a team because i like how they're run or have a fetish for small market underdogs with GMs who could pick bill james out of a lineup. to me that's just bandwagoning by a different set of criteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to support a team that is run like [censored]. This is why I will never respect the Cubs or understand most of their fans.

EDIT: This is also why I hated the Browns. Nice expansion drafts you [censored] idiots.

That being said, all of the teams I named have young talent playing for them. That's exciting to me, and I like seeing young players get a shot. This is the same reason that I hate the Giants and Dodgers, because idiots like Sabean and Coletti getting shots to run teams while there are infinitely more qualified people just makes me gag.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 AM

kyleb,

i really don't disagree with your reasons for liking most teams (other than the yankees, i don't even remember what your reason for it was but it sucked and probably just had to do with you being contrarian and hating all the red sox bandwagoners).

this is not an argument really, i am not going to prove you wrong, it is more like one of those things where you are right but nobody really wants to listen to you root for five different teams because they have their own little allegiances and don't pay attention to anything else. you are just the odd man out. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] hell even i watch a lot of games and like/dislike a lot of teams, and i find myself saying PICK A [censored] TEAM ADFKJASDFJKLADJKL:ADF
Old 10-05-2007, 02:45 AM

NT,
Liking a team because you like it's players/management/whatever is a lot different than liking them because they win.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:48 AM

The reasons I like the Yankees:

1) They (and their fans) are unabashed jerks who try to buy the World Series as compared to the Red Sox (and their fans) who are like "zomg the Yankees have the highest payroll what a bunch of fdssdgdfdsgd." SHUT UP YOUR PAYROLL IS SIX TIMES THAT OF CLEVELAND. The Yankees have an owner who is a giant dbag and he doesn't try to hide it. I like honesty.

2) OPS is life.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 AM

so basically you like the yankees because they gladly embody the excesses of large-market sports, whereas the red sox are half-assed about it and try to act all proletarian.

it would be better if you just hated both IMO, but i can see how liking a bunch of jerks like the yankees fits your mean personality