Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
Guy has not made a move the entire session and has won like every pot as well as showed down some big hands. I'm very suprised Doyle called (what hand did he put Guy on?). I don't think Guy is a good player but I think it was a good spot to pull a big bluff off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Doyle was reading the table very well in this particular session, even during his early fold against Jamie. Another example was the Farha/Antonius hand, when they were both all-in, neither player wanted to show their cards and were discussing the hand; Doyle told Patrick 'If you can beat a king high, you're good'. Dead on.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:24 PM

I liked guy's shove against doyle. He correctly understood where he was at when doyle bet 100 K on the turn.
If that turn had been anything else but a diamond doyle would have folded that hand.
I really like PA all in against sammy. He knew that sammy was not raising 100 k with something really good and knew that sammy could not call that bet if he was anywhere below aa or set.
It has been fun watching jamie play. He has been playing so bad it's sick, but he can't be that bad, can he?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this was just an awesome episode. doyle owning guy like the fish he is with at over a5. antonius owning farha with j9hh in a 3bet pot (obv kq slightly ahead there i blieive). just the best episode i have seen thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree that this was one of the best episodes so far. Good action, idiotic plays (Mr. Gold, you are truly a donk), fun hands.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over)

I luv how the entire table begs Jamie to stay a few more hands.
"Do you have to be there? They won't realize you're missing"
"You posted your blind. You have to play your button."

lol
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM

How good would it have been if they couldn't run it twice.

If Farha hit his flush and then Patrick river the boat for 1m, casual viewers at home would freak and would right now be telling their friends about it at work.

Instead they prob don't even know what happened.

Also, when deciding how many times to run it, why do most the players always defer to the person (they think) is behind? They must understand it has the same effect on both players, is it just a custom type thing?

Finally, Jamie's play was horrid (esp but not only in the JT hand), Antonius is a pimp and I was v surprised Guy didn't raise the QQQ hand vs. Farha.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People from the foundation are crying blood after they lost a potential 400k in one hand. Still, a gutsy move buy Guy and it probably would have worked if Doyle had just an ace with no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo it wasn't really a "gutsy" play. Its not like he read doyle whatsoever. Here is his thought process:

A3s - gotta see a flop
Doyle raises - gotta see a flop
Hit my ace! Top pair! Gotta see a showdown
Doyle double barrels huge
Hmm with my basic training in holdem and how the action has gone I know I can't just call this bet. Raise or fold time. Hold'em rewards bold aggressive play and I'm a [censored] billionaire.
all in
doyle calls
what were my hole cards again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved when Guy asked Doyle to table his cards and then Doyle got upset at Guy for not wanting table his. Doyle figured Guy was slowrolling a set or 2P. You know he was surprised when he saw why Guy didn't want to show.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have talked to a few guys that have played with Guy and while he is a fish his moves don't make sense. His knowledge of the game is almost non existent. Here is an example, I think Townsend likely already blogged about it, if he didn't should have.

Guy raises the button with AA and Brian re-raises with QQ, stakes are huge. Guy flat calls, which is OK if you are trying to be deceptive so that is a point of contention. Either way the flop brings an Ace, Brian bets and Guy calls with a set. The turn brings a Q and Brian pushes and Guy insta calls.

From what I heard this was a very scary hand for all involved because it pointed out that Guy is very difficult to understand because he doesn't have any idea what he is doing.

I thought that was likely the most interesting hand I have heard about in a long time and I don't recall reading about it on Townsend's blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

? Postflop plays itself from Guy's pov.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guy has not made a move the entire session and has won like every pot as well as showed down some big hands. I'm very suprised Doyle called (what hand did he put Guy on?). I don't think Guy is a good player but I think it was a good spot to pull a big bluff off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to watch the episodes again. Guy made a dumb CR against Gold earlier. He also showed down some very weak hands that just happened to catch a card.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine this show is watchable without Tivo or DVR, I watch it with my wife and we must pause it 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a tip that will change your life:

Record the show. Start watching 15 minutes in. Fast-forward through commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winna winna chicken dinna
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 PM

I don't get Benyamine doing a big hollywood act when Sammy raises, and then he just reraises himself. WTF does that accomplish? It just makes it more suspicious like he has a monster. (I get the reraise, but why the big hollywood act, it's so fishy)

It's funny seeing Barry try to keep Jamie in the game. It's so obvious to everyone but Jamie that they're just humoring him trying to keep the fish on the hook.

Also, I don't think Guy's play with the A5 was very bad at all. Doyle's in steal position and he's just cbetting the flop and turn. Yeah, the turn bet was big, but Guy is showing crazy strength in a believable way, I think Doyle folds a ton of hands, maybe even AK without diamonds. It's a way way better play than many of the others we've seen. Of course I'm not sure Guy even knew he was bluffing.