Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Some Features That Need to Make It into Online Poker

05xxx: please stop trolling

Nick clearly said, and i am not a native english speaker but still understood him, that you have to have the checkbox checked BEFOREHAND and all the software has to do is check if both players have the checkbox checked.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:52 AM

I would respond....

In order for there to be NO delay whatsoever, it would require this run-it-twice "checkbox" to force the RNG to theoretically run it twice, without showing any cards other than a normally dealt out hand, and awarding each player the % of the pot they've won given the outcome of both deals. Obviously, needing to make this happen within milliseconds so as to see no noticeable lag compared to normal tables.

More importantly though, especially considering most decision to run it twice or not depends on the # of "outs" the behind player has decides whether they agree to run it twice or not, I (as the coder) would laugh, and let the asker of this question, how they propose addressing a certain # of questions involved in running it twice*

*Refer to my last post for the ?s....lol

Honestly dude, I can't stand most of the flaming that goes on here and overall negative comments that are just pointless and drag down the prestigious image of the 2+2 forums....but honestly....

If anyone with a clue, comes along and reads what you've been saying about this, they'll lol as well and probably not even respond because you've spun into making ridiculous defensive comments to give credibility to this idea, when (i would hope) even you know it doesn't have any
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, your avatar Nick Rivers...

[ ] Sexy

[ ] Nauseating

[x] Induces seasickness

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
05xxx: please stop trolling

Nick clearly said, and i am not a native english speaker but still understood him, that you have to have the checkbox checked BEFOREHAND and all the software has to do is check if both players have the checkbox checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban.

Do not accuse me of trolling when I am having a perfectly reasonable discussion on this topic with the OP. If you said this because you do not agree with me, pls refer to a dictionary for the term "trolling" and edit your post. Trolling is a ban able offense on 2+2 and I don't appreciate you falsely accusing me of such.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pfft, all ideas stupid so far.

Let me change seat without getting up from the table though please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt has this, kinda.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:59 AM

I like the idea of "divide pot according to all-in equity if other player has the same". Basically all the TAGs would have it set and this would lessen the variance some while the fish would still gamboool.

Live straddles (not mandatory but like optional) are also fine.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of "divide pot according to all-in equity if other player has the same". Basically all the TAGs would have it set and this would lessen the variance some while the fish would still gamboool.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long do you think the games would last before they become complete nut peddling rock gardens and dry up completely? You honestly think the LAGiest of players are gonna stick around in a game where they only get paid when their hand is +EV?

In order for any new option to be considered by any legit online poker site, you have to use some reasonable foresight and recognize the implications.....do this and you might reconsider
Old 11-19-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long do you think the games would last before they become complete nut peddling rock gardens and dry up completely? You honestly think the LAGiest of players are gonna stick around in a game where they only get paid when their hand is +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you really don't understand poker, huh? I'm a LAG and I would stick around. We don't make our money from all-in equity when we're called. We make our money because nits like you fold to us all the time. Your ability to formulate a rational, cogent argument is roughly nil. You have brought zero fresh ideas or quality analysis to this thread. Try harder.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM

not sure who if any play at pokertime, its a prima skin, but they will have this soon. New update will include running it twice, straddles, and resizable tables.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would respond....

In order for there to be NO delay whatsoever, it would require this run-it-twice "checkbox" to force the RNG to theoretically run it twice, without showing any cards other than a normally dealt out hand, and awarding each player the % of the pot they've won given the outcome of both deals. Obviously, needing to make this happen within milliseconds so as to see no noticeable lag compared to normal tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, computars can do calculations in milliseconds. I'm glad I've been able to teach you something today.