Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Defense against the squeeze play...

I am not one who thinks there is rampant collusion around but is this couple both about 30ish, tall, and look like they could be brother and sister? He often wears a Yankkee hat. These two are definately shady. I once saw a 20/40 game break immediately when they both sat down.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 PM

i'm assuming this is bay 101. if u are asian, you can hear people pretty blatantly talking about colluding in this game and the bigger games. just get up and leave. sometimes the floor has been told about certain teams multiple times. it doesn't seem to usually lead to anything, but if you have a suspicion, tell the floor. just make sure to qualify your statement with i'm not sure. maybe they'll do something eventually
Old 10-25-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm assuming this is bay 101. if u are asian, you can hear people pretty blatantly talking about colluding in this game and the bigger games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because being Asian means you of course speak and understand some kind of Universal Asian Language?

Can you be more specific about what type of collusion is being discussed (or do you not speak UAL)?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm assuming this is bay 101. if u are asian, you can hear people pretty blatantly talking about colluding in this game and the bigger games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because being Asian means you of course speak and understand some kind of Universal Asian Language?

Can you be more specific about what type of collusion is being discussed (or do you not speak UAL)?

[/ QUOTE ]

right after i graduated i played mid limits in the bay area for like 6 months and got to know some players sort of well and others better. i'm young, don't look like a narc, and get along pretty well w/ most kinds of people so sometimes, an older guy would tell me to avoid a certain team or a certain player or to be aware of who was chimp dumping during tournaments. that kind of thing. one dealer i knew's boyfriend would openly talk to me about working w/ people in the 40-80 at bay 101. i have other similar stories but no i don't think i'll get into more specifics than that.

it's not just that i'm asian and some of the teams colluding are as well. I suppose it's that i was around a lot of different people and they let things slip b/c i speak a little mandarin and broken cantonese and never repeat anything to anybody.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I kept getting 6 and 8 highs in my BB while shorthanded, and the button would never fold if folded to him, I would much like the SB to continually 3 bet, because it makes my decision 100% easier. The only reason you are asking this is because they showed up together and have been seen talking to each other.

If it was two random people, you would just let it go as an aggressive shorthanded game.

But again, if you ever feel the integrity of the game is in question, it is best just to get up and leave. No reason to cause a scene, and insult others, just in case nothing wrong was going on. Go play 20 for awhile or go home...no big deal, the game will be there tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if I actually got a "marginal" hand? Even to a SB 3-bet? Say Q9s? Now I might cap it, but I'm probably going against at least one real hand, and they are both calling so they can work together against me post-flop. (This is, of course, theoretical as it never got to post-flop).

If I opt to just call 2 more bets, SB can opt to signal to button to raise again because SB is re-raising for value.

But you're probably right. I should probably opt to go home rather than say anything in case I'm wrong. I'm just thinking ahead like I usually do: "What should I do if I encounter them again and again?" I don't have too much experience with cheating (well, at least that I know of). I'm looking for insight on how cheating players are caught and dealt with by the floor.

Again, this was originally a brick and mortar discussion.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

These people obviously suck, your read is inconsistent because this is a terrible way to collude. You can destroy them playing one against two in limit hold'em against bad players. Play the best hand. Don't fold it. If it looks like they are trying to keep you in a hand and milk you, it will probably be extremely obvious, so you can fold those. Most likely they will just try to fold you out on the flop with trash.

Q9s isn't even borderline for me. I'm playing with a lot worse than that. And if they're raise/3-betting any two, why am I against one "real hand"??? If by real-hand you mean king-high, then yeah.

If you want to discuss how to play against good colluders, that's probably more interesting though. But good colluders don't put in 6 SB blind, to steal 1.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:48 AM

Anyone I know--

I'll lay 2-1 on up to $50 that it was TT, and not RR, who moved this thread from B&M. No bet if it was some other mod. Also no bet if you've seen an explanation somewhere making it clear who did it; you're on your honor to be just making a judgment with the information here. (Which is why this bet's restricted to people I know enough to trust.)

PM or reply here to take me up on this.

All my best,

--Nate
Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they are playing any two on your blind, they are throwing you money. To make even more money, decide in your head how much action it will take on your part to make them fold. If you think you know this, you will make even more monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And if they're raise/3-betting any two, why am I against one "real hand"??? If by real-hand you mean king-high, then yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm misunderstood. They aren't doing the button raise/SB 3-bet thing every time it's folded to the button. They are at the very least selective about their cards, not playing "any two". In actuality, it has folded to button on several occasions, and button had elected to fold and then SB and myself agreed to chop. Remember, this is short-handed and it often gets chopped, so there are far more orbits than your standard full ring game. So when I say "4 times in 45 minutes", it means there are probably just as many times it didn't happen. Now when it does get bet/3-bet to me in the BB there's a more than decent chance of at least a hand out there.

Sorry if the original post confused you.

Garland
Old 10-26-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it has folded to button on several occasions, and button had elected to fold and then SB and myself agreed to chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost certainly costing you more than the raise 3/bet sequences. I can't imagine anyone chopping 3-4 handed.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it has folded to button on several occasions, and button had elected to fold and then SB and myself agreed to chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost certainly costing you more than the raise 3/bet sequences. I can't imagine anyone chopping 3-4 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 6-handed a lot of time (depends with a walker or two), the rake was $3 vs $1 drop with no flop. In addition, the woman in SB was by no means a pushover. My edge over her heads up in the blinds was miniscule at best.

I don't chop 5-handed or less, when the rake becomes only $1 and they take the $1 regardless if we see a flop or not.

Garland
Old 10-26-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right after i graduated i played mid limits in the bay area for like 6 months and got to know some players sort of well and others better. i'm young, don't look like a narc, and get along pretty well w/ most kinds of people so sometimes, an older guy would tell me to avoid a certain team or a certain player or to be aware of who was chimp dumping during tournaments. that kind of thing. one dealer i knew's boyfriend would openly talk to me about working w/ people in the 40-80 at bay 101. i have other similar stories but no i don't think i'll get into more specifics than that.

it's not just that i'm asian and some of the teams colluding are as well. I suppose it's that i was around a lot of different people and they let things slip b/c i speak a little mandarin and broken cantonese and never repeat anything to anybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty scary stuff.

or at least it would be if I hadn't played a few hundred hours in 20, 40, and 100 games at Bay101 and never suspected anything. I'm young, non-asian, laggy, prefer shorthanded, and listen to headphones real loud so if they were ever to try and collude against somebody it would prob be me.