View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, the only evidence presented has been that your play is similar to that of other winners? That and it also was only delivered through the indirect medium of 2p2, not to you directly prior ro public disclosure?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't believe she actually said the part in bold. Maybe FTP or Mike also gave it to her right before they posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is what I am questioning... Sal's response could be taken either way... If it is the way I posed (and you bolded), it is horrific. If she was given advance notice, not so horrible, but still ridiculous to consider conclusive proof imo.

I seek clarification on both these points, therefore the questions.

EDIT: To clarify what I am really pondering... here we have a site that openly permits (encourages?) datamining, yet will ban an account and seize the funds based on nothing more that playing the same way?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave, I agree. i mentioned this earlier in the thread. FTPSean mentioned that the investigation took so long because of the time it takes for credit card companies etc to respond to FTP's requests,

[/ QUOTE ]
It's possible that FTP tried to trace the financial lifeline for each of the suspected accounts back to it's source. That's a possible way to confirm that "unrelated" bot accounts are actually closely connected to each other. That could involved banks, e-wallets, etc, and it could take time.

Certainly if I were FTP I would be looking into this. Even if I was already 100% certain of guilt the information might help me prevent them from sneaking back under new identities.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike has been extremely quiet about the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's pretty obvious that the situation is in flux although we have little idea what is happening. I wouldn't expect Mike to express a public opinion right now. I'm sure we will hear from him when the current process is concluded.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dave, I agree. i mentioned this earlier in the thread. FTPSean mentioned that the investigation took so long because of the time it takes for credit card companies etc to respond to FTP's requests,

[/ QUOTE ]
It's possible that FTP tried to trace the financial lifeline for each of the suspected accounts back to it's source. That's a possible way to confirm that "unrelated" bot accounts are actually closely connected to each other. That could involved banks, e-wallets, etc, and it could take time.

Certainly if I were FTP I would be looking into this. Even if I was already 100% certain of guilt the information might help me prevent them from sneaking back under new identities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, well made.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite so, but why keep the account locked in the interim? 100% guilty bot = account closed, study the path of the money after closure so as to spot the new bot accounts / other potential bots... why keep the account in the frozen middleground if there is already reason to close it?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quite so, but why keep the account locked in the interim? 100% guilty bot = account closed, study the path of the money after closure so as to spot the new bot accounts / other potential bots... why keep the account in the frozen middleground if there is already reason to close it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good point..
Old 11-16-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1) Have you at any time used ANY other account on Full Tilt other than pokergirl z? If so, which account(s)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can’t comment on the specifics of this investigation now but I have answered every question that Full Tilt and Mike Haven have asked me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does nobody else think this is a little odd?
Old 11-16-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1) Have you at any time used ANY other account on Full Tilt other than pokergirl z? If so, which account(s)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can’t comment on the specifics of this investigation now but I have answered every question that Full Tilt and Mike Haven have asked me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very odd.

Come on, Sal.

In your 40 years on this earth, haven't you come to realize that statements like this just make you look more guilty?

I am tending to believe a lot of the other stuff you're saying, but I think it's now fairly clear that you WERE using other accounts on Full Tilt.

There's no point to hide it at this point. FTP would have this evidence already from IP address examination.

Look, if your only guilt involves multi-accounting, I'll be the first one to stand in your corner and call for Full Tilt to reinstate you -- or at the very least, return your money. After all, they seem to have no problem letting Patrik Antonius and David Benyamine switch names without telling everyone.

However, I am getting a bit concerned that you're not telling us everything.

If you had really only used pokergirl z to play on Full Tilt, I believe you would have said so, rather than giving me that evasive-sounding answer above. Why were you multi-accounting? What were the names of those other accounts? Were those accounts ever closed or suspected of wrongdoing prior to pokergirl z being closed?

You came to 2+2 for help. You posted your story in order to make us understand Full Tilt's heavy-handed tactics against a supposedly innocent player. Now you have to be forthcoming with us if you want anyone to be in your corner. If a simple question about multi-accounting trips you up, I'm not sure what else might be hiding underneath the bed.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

SillySal didn't come to 2+2 to force FTP to return her money. We don't have that power. The only way she gets her money back is if FTP freely decides to return it.

Her real purpose in coming here was to force FTP to listen and hopefully respond. That's obviously happened and some sort of private discussion is now going on.

Private negotiations almost always are more productive when they remain private. That's why no one is talking: not FTP, not SillySal, not Mike, and not the unknown mediator who is probably in the middle of this.

Hopefully when they are done someone will tell us what happened and why. In the meantime we just have to be patient. As much as we like to think we are the center of the poker universe, this actually is none of our business. It's a private dispute between a poker room and an account holder.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

SillySal didn't come to 2+2 to force FTP to return her money. We don't have that power. The only way she gets her money back is if FTP freely decides to return it.

Her real purpose in coming here was to force FTP to listen and hopefully respond. That's obviously happened and some sort of private discussion is now going on.

Private negotiations almost always are more productive when they remain private. That's why no one is talking: not FTP, not SillySal, not Mike, and not the unknown mediator who is probably in the middle of this.

Hopefully when they are done someone will tell us what happened and why. In the meantime we just have to be patient. As much as we like to think we are the center of the poker universe, this actually is none of our business. It's a private dispute between a poker room and an account holder.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true Stellarwind. I also hope we get to hear more facts when the case is over. Only time will tell.