Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 PM

Default 50NL: Simple TT hand

Villain 25/12/2, 377 hands, semi-reg. No history/notes I can remember.

Comments on turn and river lines please.

Thanks.

Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button <font color="#C00000">Button ($97.45)</font>
SB SB ($182.60)
BB ($22.00)
UTG Hero ($76.50)
UTG+1 ($50.00)
CO ($55.00)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to 2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Button calls 2.00</font>, <font color="red">SB calls 1.75</font>, 1 fold.

Flop (6.50) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks,<font color="red"> Hero bets 5.00</font>, <font color="red">Button calls 5.00</font>, 1 fold.

Turn (16.50) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks,<font color="red"> Button bets 10.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero calls 10.00</font>.

River (36.50) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero... </font>
Old 09-03-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Simple TT hand

I say you should have lead out again on the turn, and if he raises you could consider folding. Why did you check on the turn? But as played, on the river I'll do a small blocking bet and see what he does.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:48 PM

as played i probably block the river for about 12. there's a good chance you're ahead here, and the only hands that are going to raise you are ones that slay TT here.

as far as the turn, though, i usually like bet/folding for the same reason as above.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:12 PM

i like check calling riv as played. blocking seems silly versus a villain i give reasonable credit to.

the turn is a tough spot: consider not cbetting if you can't fire turn in this situation.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the turn is a tough spot: consider not cbetting if you can't fire turn in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right Boz. On the flop I need to cb for a whole bunch of standard reasons.

I still can't work out the answer to Willis' question (1st reply): why didn't I fire turn? I really don't know - anyone think I should?

Re: a blocker, to get a call from specifically a 9? That's about the only hand I beat that calls a blocker IMO.

This hand does confuse me I must say.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:26 AM

I see no reason to not lead out again on the turn. A smooth call on that flop probably means either a straight draw or a 9. If villain has either of those you are well ahead and should get money in the pot. If villain flopped a set, you will probably get raised, and you can fold pretty easily.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:26 AM

i don't understand why the turn is a tough spot. it was a total brick.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:39 AM

Bet $12/$13 on the turn. Your hand is good on this turn so much. This hand gets confusing when you decide to c/c a brick turn with no plan for the river. C/f the river is so weak. If you bet this turn the whole hand plays out far more easily. As played I think if you call his turn bet then you have to call the river because you have underrepped your hand a lot.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I need to cb for a whole bunch of standard reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could lead us to a reasoning of firing the turn: If you two barrel blank turns sometimes with overcards/air, you have to do it with a good hand as well. You may discuss if TT is an option for this kind of thinking, but I think it could.

But away from metagame reasoning I definately think that hes drawing often enough here in order to fire the turn like everyday with TT. Pot Control doesn't mean that much oop, because we don't have control at all.

On the river I think we can play c/f, because the Queen completes the JT straightdraw, a 9 isn't likely to fire again. A 67 might bluff this spot, but that's a pot odds/tendencies question after we see his betsize.
A blocking could possibly be called be a 9 and it would stop him bluffing 67. The queston is, if there are enough of this hands in this range to make it worth it. I dunno if thats the case, but i prolly doubt it.

Also: are we ever vbing here so small? I think with JTs (if it is in our pfr range) or QQ we bet bigger than a normal block bet should be sized. And are we really vbing any other hands here, that take such a line (basically AA, KK)? And if so, do we bet small like a block bet should be sized? Another think I doubt, so my vote goes def. out for c/f the river.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right Boz. On the flop I need to cb for a whole bunch of standard reasons.

I still can't work out the answer to Willis' question (1st reply): why didn't I fire turn? I really don't know - anyone think I should?

Re: a blocker, to get a call from specifically a 9? That's about the only hand I beat that calls a blocker IMO.

This hand does confuse me I must say.

[/ QUOTE ]

C/c the flop only makes sense to me if you think villain could be floating and get value from him (and maybe from semibluffs from draws). If that's the reason your standard river player should be c/c (of course you might find folds based on river card and bet size etc.). Somewhat player-/game dependent.
I'd generally go for the 2nd barrel on the turn, a float is possible as is a draw and many river cards will give you a really tough decision (as the Q does). You very likely have the best hand on the turn and won't be able to get much value from villain's bluffs/floats oop imo.