Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 PM

Default 50NL: AK 101 for the millionth time

Villain 26/20/5, 66 hands. I have only been sitting maybe 20 hands, but this is the second time he has 3b me. I folded maybe an AJ or 77 type hand first time. With so few hands and so little history at the table, I think the safest working assumption is that he has a good hand each time.

I wrote a long bunch of questions about this blah blah blah. Bascially it boils down to: wtf am I doing here preflop and on flop?

I am stumped by all the different ranges at issue: his 3b range (wide), his range for calling/shoving a preflop 4b (narrow) and his cbetting range (?).

(Fwiw, I tanked a long time preflop - a thinking player may well interpret this as my exact hand. Dunno).

Converter at Talking-Poker

Button Hero ($49.25)
SB ($52.25)
BB ($57.15)
UTG ($72.95)
UTG+1 ($22.40)
CO ($39.25)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, SB raises to $7.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $5.25.

Flop (16.50) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets $15.00, Hero...
Old 08-09-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: 50NL: AK 101 for the millionth time

What kind of flop are you hoping for when you call his preflop 3 bet? If you can't play this flop, then I think you need to fold preflop.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of flop are you hoping for when you call his preflop 3 bet? If you can't play this flop, then I think you need to fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe one that is not so suited and connected with less high cards that could make sets?

I think this is a terrible flop and would well consider folding.

+EV
Old 08-09-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 PM

since you're ip i think calling is fine. oop i'd either shove or fold.

shoving has its merits, i.e you dont have to fold the best hand when you miss and he cbets, you get to see all 5cards etc

his calling range is fairly narrow but because of positions and his recent 3bet hes prolly more likely to look you up. prolly has a range of TT+ AQs+ ako+ for calling a shove, maybe not TT or AQ.. but i def cant see him folding JJ+ or ak.

you're a 60/40 dog if you shove and give him a tight calling range. However you're almost certainly ahead of his 3betting range.

as played on the flop im def not folding here. we're either calling to allow him to continue bluffing, or shoving. i'd prolly just shove since its so likely hes 3betting 'light', draws are more a part of his range
Old 08-09-2007, 01:07 PM

depending on the player, your reverse implied is through the roof, so maybe fold preflop? his 3bet range has to be narrower than normal out of the sb, i just think you're going to hit and pay him off too often. As played I fold the flop
Old 08-09-2007, 01:16 PM

If SB is decent he is leading the flop with any two cards (I'm not saying he can have any 2 after 3betting preflop, I'm just saying that AFTER 3betting he will be leading the flop regardless). You have TPTK. A 26/20 could have AA KK JJ TT AK AQ AJ(sometimes) and sometime weaker stuff if he thinks you were raising light.

I call this turn and shove most turns. You have the best hand here A LOT, although I don't think shoving the flop gets action from anything you beat. This flop isn't really the nightmare people are making it out to be.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I'll just fold preflop next time.

Problem solved.

Awesome.

/thread
Old 08-09-2007, 01:37 PM

LOL folding preflop.

flop is tough to raise or call. obviously the more likely he is to be 3 betting light with hands drawy hands the more we are going to want to raise. Given your reads I would edge towards a call here, but if he continues to press it's gonna be a tough spot. prolly pitch to a 2/3+ turn betzoid.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:55 PM

lately I've just been making "thin" valueshoves here. Sometimes people even fold retarded crap (some dude fold KK on a J83hh board rr'd pot versus my button?)

No idea if this is right or not but generally when I call I tend to just call all in/shove turn anyways so whatever.

and yea if ur not comfortable shoving here then fold pre.

edit: As bozzer alluded to I'm usually in the spot where people are reraising my button opens light. If they're not I'd call more often. I'd assume that is the case even here.