Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right now, when I have 12 Party tables open and PT2, PAHUD and a couple of AHK scripts running, my duo core system gets to its limitations and multitabling sometimes really gets a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, importing speed isn't what we are looking for. There is also the "running out of memory bug", when you imported more than circa 25000 hands at once. It's nice to see that this will take a tenth of the time now though.

But the real importance is how resource demanding is the application while playing. I mean we can pretty much say that a single core processor is barely enough to multi table with PokerTracker and PokerAce running. I had to use all tricks and advice from the forums, so that the poker application stayed responsive.

Also will it be possible to leave the "Ring Game Player Statistics" window open, while playing? When I want to look up something about a player, because the bb/100 stats PokerAce displays are wrong, I open that window and you can really feel the lag it produces when it calculates everything after a hand gets imported. It was impossible to have this window open with a single core processor while playing.

A few thoughts to the screenshots you posted: The session results graph in the screenshot is pretty much useless for me. First of all it's too tied in bundles and it isn't pretty or informative. I think you can use that space better than that. I hope it's possible to disable it and fire it up with a click when you want that graph. Same goes for the graph in the winnings tab. Not pretty enough, waste of space, I'd actually want the other two boxes bigger.

To be honest I really wanted to post what a big disappointment the screenshots are that you posted. But then decided to try out HoldemManager first before posting something and after deinstalling that after an hour, I think that PokerTracker 3 could be a great product.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done 1.6 million hand imports without any increase in memory usage. The actual memory usage is very small. As I mentioned above, PT3 will be much kinder on your CPU that PT2 is.

I'm not sure why you say PA Hud's BB/100 stat is wrong, unless you are referring to the fact that it shows PTBB/100 for NL (but those numbers are easy to convert in your head). There is currently not a "Ring Game Player Statistics" window. Since the HUD will be integrated into the application, this may be omitted. Naturally though, the larger the database, the longer stats will take to retrieve. That's just the nature of databases.

As for deciding what is and is not shown on screen, currently most tabs are configured via a file on disk. It's unlikely that this file will be editable by the end user (this is a support nightmare), but the interface will likely have configuration options to allow you to determine what you want shown.

Please keep in mind that the configuration of the stats and things that you see in the screenshots are extremely easy to alter, so what we're showing you here may not look anything like the final product. Your feedback will shape it as we go.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Could we have some kind of "luck factor" tab in PT3?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I'd like to add, but may not make it in the initial release.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok not sure if this has been asked yet but lots of ppl want post flop stats for 3 bet pots since they are played differently than raised pots. is there any way we would be able to see how often someone folds/calls/raises to a c-bet in a 3bet pot? or how often someone cbets into a 3bet pot? I think having info like that would be invaluable to some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, you would just filter for hands where a 3 bet was present as well as a continuation bet. Or you could create a custom stat that checks if a person three bet and then if they make a continuation bet.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:02 PM

Will Aggression Frequency stats be included in Poker Tracker, and continued to be maintained within Poker Ace? Its much more accurate that Aggression Factor even though thats the stat most people use by default.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok not sure if this has been asked yet but lots of ppl want post flop stats for 3 bet pots since they are played differently than raised pots. is there any way we would be able to see how often someone folds/calls/raises to a c-bet in a 3bet pot? or how often someone cbets into a 3bet pot? I think having info like that would be invaluable to some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, you would just filter for hands where a 3 bet was present as well as a continuation bet. Or you could create a custom stat that checks if a person three bet and then if they make a continuation bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you can have this custom stat displayed on the HUD? please say yes
Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will Aggression Frequency stats be included in Poker Tracker, and continued to be maintained within Poker Ace? Its much more accurate that Aggression Factor even though thats the stat most people use by default.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Aggression Frequency is currently in PT3 (you can see it in the screenshots).
Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you can have this custom stat displayed on the HUD? please say yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 02:15 PM

is the software written to take advantage of dual core processors?
Old 11-04-2007, 09:49 PM

Most of the actual processing is done on the database end, which is a different process anyway. So the nature of what PT3 is doing means the dual core processors will be taken advantage of.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:32 AM

PAHUD right now has a feature where we can choose to display stats for the current limit.

Could you add more options to specify which stats we can add?

For instance, it would be great if your HUD can display player stats only from when they were playing against the same number of opponents as you are.

ie, if I'm at a 5-handed table, only display stats of other players where they've played at 5-handed tables. If, I'm at a 4-handed table, only display 4-handed stats. And maybe automate this feature.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Chaser