Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

Don't know if this has been asked before, but when importing datamined hand histories (e.g. from FTP) I sometimes get "unable to determine button/preflop action" etc type error messages.

Not sure why this happens, but will there be some sort of "don't add games with errors to database" option?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There will be a form for alpha testing signups. We'll announce the PT3 website soon.

The current plan is to integrate Hold'em, Omaha and Stud into one application. The details of this haven't been worked out, and the Omaha and Stud versions are further down the line.

The HUD will be integrated into PT3. It will be purchased separately, but run from the same application.

[/ QUOTE ]

So HUD is going to cost us extra money? If HUD is going to be integrated into PT3, why make people buy two seperate pieces of software? Also, I know you mentioned that people with PT2 will get discounts on PT3, but will people with PAHUD get discounts on this new version of HUD, or will the current version be integrated with PT3?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:13 PM

Yes, the HUD will be a separate purchase. This is because not everyone who wants the tracking ability also wants the HUD functionality.

Existing PA Hud users will get the HUD upgrade at a discount.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:22 PM

I should note that separating the purchase of PT3 and the HUD is actually a positive for our users. The combined price will be no different; however, you are not required to purchase both in comparison to some other products on the market.

-AP10
Old 10-27-2007, 02:27 PM

PokerTracker 3 - Alpha Signup & Beta/Final Release Reminder

We are officially taking sign-ups to participate in our private alpha testing. If you do not want to participate in our alpha testing but would like a reminder email sent to you once we begin beta testing and/or once we release the final product simply enter your email address in the "Beta & Final Release Reminder" and select which reminder emails you would like to receive.

I will be releasing the official PokerTracker 3 site within the next few days which will contain our scheduled timeline, frequently asked questions and screenshots. Stay tuned.

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 10-27-2007, 02:35 PM

Screenshots are kinda sexy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just a couple of questions though:

1. Are there going to be icons as there were in PT2? Are they the same? Has the ability to customize them expanded at all? (I think it would be neat-o to have an AND/OR function as far as that goes).
2. Will we be able to filter hands played by time so we can see when the most profitable hours are? I think this would be an excellent addition.

Looking forward to the website and seeing some more screenshots and/or information on PT3. I haven't made my mind up between it or the other upcoming products.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The HUD will be integrated into PT3. It will be purchased separately, but run from the same application.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will the HUD offer any improvements over the current PAHUD? Or can I be able to continue with PAHUD?

Also, if it is integrated into PT3, am I going to have to shutdown PT3 and reopen it everytime I get moved in a Stars Tourney (like I have to do with PAHUD currently)?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Screenshots are kinda sexy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just a couple of questions though:

1. Are there going to be icons as there were in PT2? Are they the same? Has the ability to customize them expanded at all? (I think it would be neat-o to have an AND/OR function as far as that goes).
2. Will we be able to filter hands played by time so we can see when the most profitable hours are? I think this would be an excellent addition.

Looking forward to the website and seeing some more screenshots and/or information on PT3. I haven't made my mind up between it or the other upcoming products.

[/ QUOTE ]

We do plan on having icons, they just haven't been implemented yet. We'll likely offer icons very similar to what PT currently offers. The rules regarding auto-rating though, will be more powerful.

PT3 will display the information that PT2 shows by clicking the "More Detail..." button on the Session tab, so you'll see all that information.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will the HUD offer any improvements over the current PAHUD? Or can I be able to continue with PAHUD?

Also, if it is integrated into PT3, am I going to have to shutdown PT3 and reopen it everytime I get moved in a Stars Tourney (like I have to do with PAHUD currently)?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the problems that PA Hud has is due to some basic design flaws. These flaws are due to a lack of in-depth knowledge of a wide array of poker sites when development first began. Now that I have this knowledge, things are being designed properly up front. This should eliminate a lot of bugs and make things easier to update and expand.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:04 PM

Signed up for testing. I probably have the best credentials out of nearly anyone for testing this but you guys may hate me, I'm not sure if I've done anything to make you guys mad yet or not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hopefully not though because I would gladly test it.