Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but I'd like to see the ability to use the DB cache with player range filters being set.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a graph with almost 1.6 million hands:

This 1.6 million hand import took roughly four and a half hours. I'll leave it to you to calculate the hands per second on that. I fixed a bug today that increased the already fast import speeds by 80%.

The generation of the graph took about 85 seconds or so.

Those numbers are subject to change, but should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect out of PT3, performance wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this 4 and a half hours after the fixed bug?

or is it now less then an hour with the fixed bug?
if so that is fast
Old 10-23-2007, 11:42 AM

That was after the bug was fixed. Keep in mind though, that the import speeds aren't nearly as important as the query speeds. You won't do large imports very often, but you'll want to analyze data all the time. I'm anxious to see the speed comparisons between PT3 and the competition. The database is designed for fast queries before fast imports. I think a minute and a half to generate a graph showing the profits of 1.6 million hands is pretty good (this will be sped up even more after I'm done optimizing).
Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 PM

1.Would PokerTrackers HUD display hand strength (sklanskys ranking) on each table?
2. Display pot odds on table
3. bet pattern in the hand
Somthing like PokerOffice, TexasCalculatem
Old 10-23-2007, 04:56 PM

while you at it, is there function to add the rakeback/bonus into it? at least manual input..
i find current PT lack of this feature.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM

i cant wait for this... I may have to start playing poker JUST to get this program... keep up the good work!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:23 PM

May have been mentioned, but a right click context menu on the system tray icon for the hud to allow you to change the display stats between "Only current session"; "Over all sessions" and from "Current limit only". Instead of having to open the program and going into the preferences. Might be handy.

Also the ability to minimize poker tracker to the system tray. Think thats been mentioned though.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TBH I know very little about PERL, and I was unaware it was considered slow... I was under the impression it was semi-compiled rather than repeatedly run-time interpreted language, but I do know very little about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perl´s fast and flexible, if you know what you´re doing it shouldn´t be slow, there are ways of avoiding re-compilation for instance, and the regular expression operations are excellent.

But other languages like Python may be preferred by most as the source tends to look cleaner, with less arcane operators and tricky semantics.

Perl is very permissive and relies on the developer having self discipline to avoid maintenance traps, and unreadable code.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the love of all that is good and holy, please make a well documented universal hand history format that any hand from any poker site can be exported into.

[/ QUOTE ]
I´d like to 2nd this point, it was one of the best; if PT doesn´t already have this feature.

A PT Canonical HH format, makes a number of things easier :

1) User Contributed HH parsers for new sites
2) HH replayers, which can then be written to a single format
3) Clean seperation of import features, which would allow background daemons to load HH´s and convert format, possibly running on a server computer with the DB. Client Poker computer can share the HH folders over network for instance.

If one of the well suported formats for forums used to post hands, were suitable, that might be extremely convenient for the user, with 1 source and format to read, rather than having to understand every Poker Sites variations.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:24 AM

On the Won Hand or Loss when rake causes a small loss.

[ QUOTE ]
All of these situations are basically neglible in the grand scheme of your stats. That is why I prefer to stick with the simple rule that PT currently uses. Won money, won hand. Lose money, lost hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Hold´em may be, but if you play Omaha Hi/Lo 8 or better then these situations can occur frequently.

Conceptually Scoop, Split 1/2, Win 1/4 or less, lose may be more or less profitable, but what matters is Significant Wins, Significant Losses and Marginal Wins/Losses not the tiny difference of winning 1 or 2 bb, or losing same on a particular hand.