Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

I thought of a good one.

The new version should have ways to keep track of winning/losing information that we need for taxes. Like results for each session. I'm not sure what else would make tax stuff easier, but I know that's always a pain. The addition of inputs for rb and live play will help this as well and I know that's already been discussed.

Any update on how things are coming?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Any update on how things are coming?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ongoing updates of progress/ETA would be nice. Some of us are trying to decide if we want to spend time to look at migrating to Holdem manager, depending on timing.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:44 PM

Progress is being made very quickly. Much faster than I had anticipated.

Here's where we stand:

1. Incredibly well designed database schema. Much better than the existing PT schema, and in our opinion, better than anything else we've seen. Our database guy KNOWS databases.

2. Very fast imports. Nearly twice as many hands per second on my dev computer as the newer competition. This may change a little bit before it's made public, but most of the import process is complete. Imports also don't slow down the computer or the rest of the application.

3. Extremely flexible and powerful reporting system is mostly complete. Configuration files are used to determine what data is displayed and how it's formatted. The user interface also allows you to quickly and easily configure which fields you want shown.

I don't want to give too much away right now, as it would give advantages to our competition. Once we get a little bit further along, we'll be posting screenshots and videos showing just how nice PT3 is going to be.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:40 PM

Any guesses at timeframes?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:17 PM

The best I can say is that we're hoping for an initial release before the end of the year. Beta tests should be available much sooner.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:20 PM

I think the best thing you could add is data analysis. I'm sure others have mentioned it in this thread but being able to pick out times you flopped a set, flopped a flush draw, straight draw, top pair, etc. etc. Basically pokerEV, which is the bomb as far as I'm concerned. Have some kind of tool that generates a custom report for you over whatever time period/sites you want. It would have a list of stats like hands played, pocket pairs dealt, premium hands dealt (user defined possibly), sets flopped, flopped top pair, mid pair, bottom pair, two pair, trips, flush draws, straight draws, etc., etc. Then go into how many times the draws hit, have a graph of winnings, maybe a graph of sets flopped like the flop set-o-meter software, calculations of how many times you are flopping certain things vs how often you should be. Things like that. None of this will really help make us better players but it would be nice to know if I'm just running hot or if I'm actually playing well. That's probably a lot of work but it would definitely be cool and I'm sure everyone would love to use the feature.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:18 PM

I know the db stuff has been talked about and designed, but I talked to a database guy that I really really respect and people that I really respect tell me great things about him. He says that this is the best option for PT3, bar none.

http://www.db4o.com/about/productinf...on/benchmarks/

I'm guessing it could be too late, but never hurts.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:11 AM

I was using the replayer window and noticed a few things:
- I saw wrong win percentages, adding up to more than 100%. It looks like they include the full value of ties. They should show pot equity instead (e.g. add 1/2 x tie % if it's heads up).
- I'd like to be able to access better, or customizable, stats from the replayer window. E.g. the ones I use in PAHUD like aggression frequency.
- The replayer didn't show hole cards a player voluntarily flashed.* I happened to notice them in the hand history, but the replayer didn't show them. Showing flashed cards is just as valuable as seeing the cards at showdown. This was with a Bodog history, if that matters.
* Unless "show known hole cards" is checked, which I generally leave off.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the db stuff has been talked about and designed, but I talked to a database guy that I really really respect and people that I really respect tell me great things about him. He says that this is the best option for PT3, bar none.

http://www.db4o.com/about/productinf...on/benchmarks/

I'm guessing it could be too late, but never hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately its an entirely managed database which will not work for us for a variety of reasons. Its never too late...but I have researched every possible database option [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 08-18-2007, 01:42 AM

I would like to see filters for continuation betting. For instance, how often you take down a cbet on the flop heads up or with 2 opponents, 3 opponents, etc. I would like stats for villains folding to cbet on turn so I have a better idea when to 2nd barrel.