Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

Well a lot of people are using PT and PA now so i want to know what my stats are on other peoples databases too.
Lets say i have 1000 hands on someone, i like to see what my stats were on those 1000 specific hands, and there should be way to view them via a hud too.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Um.... your posting this because Hold Em Manager is coming out soon and will make PokerTracker and your product obsolete. Please don't post under the guise of wanting to satisfy your customers; it's a little late for that. This is actually meant for PT and not PAHUD since I have never had a problem with your software or customer service. It just sucks that your product will be attached to PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

The timing of this post has a bit to do with the competition, that's true, but the collaboration and the design of the next generation has been in the works for much longer than HoldemManager has been known of.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, there has been "3/4 bet stats - what do you want to see added" threads on the PT forum for a long time now... I have no doubt PT + Josh have been working on a major upgrade for a good while... my comment was mainly in jest.

As I said before, I will certainly purchase HM - But there is no way I will stop using PT + PAHUD... as I'm sure anyone sensible will be doing, I will be running booth in tandem for the foreseeable future.

dave.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:49 AM

What I'd most like to have is PT, PTO, and PTS integrated somehow. I like to play HORSE and it's annoying to have to open up all three programs to import hands and see my results.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:55 AM

This is great news, I would hate to have to buy another product from competitors if a better one came out, simply because the support from PAH and PT is first class. As far as PT only doing PostgresSQL - my computer loads up Postgres fine, totally functional and on restart it can't find the DB, I have had several attempts with PT support and they couldn't work it out - if Postgres is the way to go(and I think it is), then clearly they need to know more about Postgres. It doesn't overly bother me and I have no issue with PT support that they could not remedy this, just saying if it is going to become the standard it has to be understood better. My main concern with PT is buddylisting, poker is getting tougher so that is the future to me- far more sorting features are needed and a simple way to then export the list to programme's like Spade Eye. But really detailed, basically the ability to sort buddies with EVERY statistic you have on them. "All in" hand analysis would also be nice, filtered along the lines of "shoved", "called a shove" etc.- considering this is where you get the most money in, it is a part of your game you should be able to analyze well.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker".

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with the new application, I look forward to the competition. Please keep comments like this to a minimum and I'll do the same! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do have a lot of respect for the work that you and Pat have done. On the other hand I have 16 years experience as a developer/architect including the last 12 as Senior Architect for the company I cofounded that now has a market cap of $60 million so I know a thing or two about building software [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks,

rvg

Edit: I won't post any more in your thread by the way and I really do respect the work you guys have done.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:44 AM

The challenge has been made and the game it ON!

And the winner will be......all poker players! (At least the good ones who like to study their game.)

I hope there are no losers. PT & PAHUD are fantastic second generation products. The third generation can only be better.

Everyone involved has my utmost respect and I wish all of you well.

------------Meow
Old 07-08-2007, 02:21 AM

Dazarth thank you for the post on the other 2 beta's that are out there or will be out in the next 2 weeks (HoldemManager). As others have stated in this thread competition is what makes a better product in the end. Only time will tell which one/ones are used in the end. I look forward to responses from userse here in the futre as this product is being built for the users not to replace PT but to be able to satisfy what users want to see in this day and age.

www.poker-bud.com

As RVG has said and I will say the same I will no longer post in your thread.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of you have been wanting this for a long time. Now it's your chance to give your input. Help us continue to make PokerTracker the best solution for today and tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous. The information is all out there. It's not so much about hearing what people want but anticipating the market and using your own brain to figure out innovative features. You're not writing an operating system - it's just a poker tracking application.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason of this thread is not to generate hype for a non-existent product. It is to find out what you, the PokerTracker users, want to see in the next generation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find this very hard to believe.

[ QUOTE ]
There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker".

[/ QUOTE ]
Having used the product, I can assure you that there are no "problems with HoldemManager". Regardless, it's pretty rude to make comments like this about a competitor's product.

There are three problems I can see with Holdem Manager:

- You need to install postgreSQL
- You need to install .NET
- It's a single developer, which is absolutely insane if you're going to support a tracker, a HUD, all sites, AND add new features.

The first is a necessity for any serious database product (perhaps MySQL is a viable alternative). The second enables productive programming not possible in unmanaged C++, and .NET is installed with Vista anyway, so it will be widely available in future years.
The third is a terrible business decision but something that I assume will be fixed going forward.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with the new application, I look forward to the competition. Please keep comments like this to a minimum and I'll do the same! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do have a lot of respect for the work that you and Pat have done. On the other hand I have 16 years experience as a developer/architect including the last 12 as Senior Architect for the company I cofounded that now has a market cap of $60 million so I know a thing or two about building software [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks,

rvg

Edit: I won't post any more in your thread by the way and I really do respect the work you guys have done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not doubting your skills as a developer or a designer. These aren't technical issues I was referring to. I have no desire to bash you or your product. It looks very well put together. I was simply responding to the idea that your software will make PokerTracker and PokerAce Hud "obsolete". I do not believe that is the case.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous. The information is all out there. It's not so much about hearing what people want but anticipating the market and using your own brain to figure out innovative features. You're not writing an operating system - it's just a poker tracking application.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Part of the reason PokerAce Hud became so popular was due to fulfilling user requests. I want input from those people actually using PokerTracker. I want to know what they would like to see changed and what they would like to see stay the same.

[ QUOTE ]

Having used the product, I can assure you that there are no "problems with HoldemManager". Regardless, it's pretty rude to make comments like this about a competitor's product.

There are three problems I can see with Holdem Manager:

- You need to install postgreSQL
- You need to install .NET
- It's a single developer, which is absolutely insane if you're going to support a tracker, a HUD, all sites, AND add new features.

The first is a necessity for any serious database product (perhaps MySQL is a viable alternative). The second enables productive programming not possible in unmanaged C++, and .NET is installed with Vista anyway, so it will be widely available in future years.
The third is a terrible business decision but something that I assume will be fixed going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned earlier, I was not referring to technical issues. I will not discuss the issues I see. I made my comment based on personal experience and in response to a very negative post. I did not mean to make it sound like the software was defective.